Job Title: Clearing & Collections Assistant
- Primary Location: Uganda,Central,Kampala
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree
- Job Function: Operations
- Schedule: Full-time
- Shift: Day Job
- Employee Status: Regular
- Travel Time: No
- Job ID: 17068514
Citibank Uganda Jobs 2017: Accurate transaction processing is the principle purpose of this job considering the sensitive nature of the Clearing function with special emphasis to the financial impact on the Bank. This takes into consideration that the effective execution of this job has a heavy bearing on our standing in the market in as far as customer satisfaction is concerned.
Liaising with other commercial banks and the Bank of Uganda as well as solution providers is also a requirement for the job in ensuring that collection and payment services are performed efficiently and effectively.
• Timely representation at the Clearing House
• File receipt, download and reading in from Bank of Uganda
• Processing inward and outward items i.e checks, unpaid checks
• Balancing inward/outward clearing work by end of day
• Paylink checks liquidation using checks 32 and uploading of Batches in flexcube and
• Reconciliation of paylink suspense Account on a daily basis
• Preparation and recording unpaid checks as well as customer advices
Citibank Uganda Jobs 2017: The incumbent is responsible for ensuring that transactions are processed accurately, timely and in line with Citibank’s policies and Bank of Uganda / Uganda Bankers’ Association’s requirements.
Frustration of fraud attempts is also a key factor in the execution of this job
a) The incumbent should ensure that the previous day’s collections and electronic files are signed and securely transported to the Clearing House in good time.
b) Effectively represent Citibank at the Uganda Bankers Association (UBA) Clearing House
c) Ensure all collections and payments for the day are processed accurately to deter financial loss and customer dissatisfaction.
d) All check payments above a given limit as market conditions may require must be scrutinized and necessary callbacks made to customers to ensure authenticity of payments and mitigate bank exposure to fraud for high value transactions.
e) Continuous reviews of processing and service delivery to ensure improvement on quality and exceed customer expectations.
f) Speed Collect reconciliation and resolving exceptions with collecting bank.
g) Proactively reviewing the Nostro and closure of any clearing open items.
Citibank Uganda Jobs 2017: This job has an indirect responsibility over all funds received through collections and disbursed through payments. This ranges to a monthly average of Ugx 60 billion (USD 24.0 mm) for payments, Ugx.63 billion (USD 25.2 mm) for collections, Ugx 175 billion (USD 60MM) for outgoing electronic funds transfers and Ugx125billion (USD 43.3MM) for incoming electronic funds transfers.
WORK OF OTHERS
a) Treasury dealers depend on the output of this job to enable them calculate the cash position of the Bank in forecasting their activities in the interbank money market to better manage the Bank’s liquidity.
b) This job depends on the output of the Cash and Collections Department in receiving cheque instruments over the counter and in the Collection centres.
c) This job also depends on the output of the Funds Transfer Department in processing outgoing credit and direct debit electronic funds transfer payments.
d) Citi Service depends on our timely response to queries.
e) TTS Product depends on clearing processes to deliver quality services on products related to collections and payments that they have sold to the customers.
KEY CHALLENGES/ANTICIPATED CHANGES
a) The incumbent has to be extremely perceptive and know our customers very well in a bid to frustrate the ever-increasing fraud attempts and dynamic fraudsters’ methodology. They also have to be prompt in the escalation of any issues to the Unit Head in coming up with a decision that fulfills our promise to the customer and safe guards the Bank’s position.
• Knowledge of the Uganda Bankers Association clearing house rules and Bank procedures.
• At least one year bank experience
SKILLS and KNOWLEDGE
• University Degree- honors degree Upper 2nd
• Professional qualifications
• Excellent computer skills
• Perception and diligence are highly required given the financial sensitivity of this job.
• Ability and willingness to work under pressure and deliver within given deadlines is a major requirement.
• Customer focus
• Good interpersonal communication skills
• Team player
• Time management skills
• Ability to work under very tight time schedules with minimal negative financial impact.
• Diligence in performing tasks to ensure no errors within an environment very susceptible to fraud
• Working long hours incases where volumes are high.
BACK-UP ROLES IN O and T
• Teller in Cash and Tellers
• Customer Service
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Valuing Diversity: Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
To apply: Click here
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer