SC Bank Uganda Graduate Programme 2018
Job Title: SC Bank Uganda Graduate Programme 2018
Organisation: Standard Chartered Bank (Stanchart)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
SC Bank Uganda Graduate Programme 2018: Standard Chartered Bank Uganda is the longest established international bank in the country; the first branch was opened in August 1912. We had 11 branches up to 1972 and retained only one branch during the turbulence of the 70s. In 1998 we acquired 4 branches of former Cooperative Bank in November 1999. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda today has a network of 11 branches in Kampala, Jinja, Mbale, Mbarara and Gulu. Standard Chartered Bank Uganda has 29 ATMs and over 600 staff.
About the Stanchart 2018 International Graduate Programme
SC Bank Uganda Graduate Programme 2018: The IG Programme is 12 months in length, including 10 months of required rotations, 5 weeks of induction and up to 2 weeks of annual leave. Deployment into permanent roles will begin in June.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- For our Graduate roles, you must have an undergraduate degree and be eligible to work permanently in Uganda.
- As English is the business language of Standard Chartered across the world, you need to be able to speak business-level English to apply for our opportunities.
- Being able to speak more than one language is also an advantage.
Below should help you understand what you’ll need to prepare for each stage:
- Short application form
When you complete the online form, you’ll need to include:
- Educational experience
- Work or volunteering experience and dates
- A personal statement:
- What you’ll bring to the role
- Why SCB is your preferred choice. What makes us different?
- Skills and experiences from your studies that you’ll bring to your role with Standard Chartered
- Specifics of your work, volunteering or community experience that you’ll bring to your role with Standard Chartered
- Online strengths assessment
This is a personality test that helps both you and us assess whether you’re a good fit for the role. There are no right or wrong answers to these questions, just be yourself and answer truthfully.
- Numerical and abstract reasoning tests
The aptitude tests help us match your ability to the right role. The tests will get progressively more challenging based on your answers and should only take 12-15 minutes.
- Video interview
The first time we meet you will be via an online video interview. We’ll talk about your application and your strengths.
- Face-to-face interview
The first time we meet in person will be with the graduate team at your local Standard Chartered offices.
- Face-to-face business interview
When you’re through to the final stage, you’ll interview with the people you’ll be working with. They’ll already be working in the stream you applied for.
NB: We only allow one application per candidate per season
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested fresh graduates are encouraged to send their applications online through the Standard Chartered bank e-recruitment portal.
Applications opened on: September 1, 2017