Judicial Service Commission Uganda Jobs – 8 Fresher Legal Officers
Organisation: Judicial Service Commission
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 147/286/01
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U4
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
Judicial Service Commission Uganda Jobs: The Judicial Service Commission is a Constitutional body established under Article 146 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda, 1995, whose mandate is to recruit judicial officers and regulate their conduct.
The Commission is composed of 9 members with powers to facilitate improving the efficiency and effectiveness of Justice administration in Uganda.The Commissioners are drawn from persons of integrity and unquestionable character.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conducting Court Inspections;
- Carrying out investigations of complaints against the Judicial Officers and other staff in the Judiciary;
- Tasked with prosecuting disciplinary cases before the Disciplinary Committee;
- Conducting research, and field surveys on law and administration of justice;
- Tasked with writing reports and preparing legal opinions and memorandam;
- Maintaining data bank for the department;
- In charge of analyzing documents and presenting information from media on law and administration of justice, corruption and abuse of offices by Judicial Officers;
- Supervising Legal Clerks;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a Ugandan who possesses an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Laws from a recognised University plus a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal Practice from the Law Development Centre.
- Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC EXTERNAL ADVERT [GRE] NO.3/2017” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 5th December 2017