Ministry of Internal Affairs Uganda Jobs – Fresher Information Scientist
Job Title: Information Scientist – Ministry of Internal Affairs Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Ministry of Internal Affairs (Uganda Prisons Service)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Ref. No.: HRM 147/286/01
Salary Scale: Uganda Government Scale U4
Reports to: Senior Information Scientist
Ministry of Internal Affairs Uganda Jobs: Ministry of Internal Affairs is a Government Ministry to facilitate the legal and orderly movement of persons to and from Uganda, regulate the residence of immigrants in the country, verify and process Uganda citizenship and enforce national and regional immigration laws for the development and security of Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tasked with managing the Resource Centre;
- Providing users in the Resource Centre with reader services and deliverables, such as information;
- Providing circulation and retrieval services;
- Carrying out Resource Centre in house services of data entry, shelving, cataloguing and indexing materials for easy access;
- Participate in collecting user information requirements and disseminating information appropriately;
- In charge of compiling and analyzing user information from the Directorate;
- Maintaining an effective loan system of books and other reading materials;
- Entering existing documents into different databases;
- Carrying out technical processing of all documents
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate should be a Ugandan who possesses an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science or any other closely related discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
- Age: 21 years and above
How to Apply:
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and interested Ugandans should fill in the Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008), download here in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form), download here and send to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P.O. Box 7080, Kampala. Uganda
The Application and Summary Forms are also obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices. The Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC EXTERNAL ADVERT [GRE] NO.3/2017” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and original of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting the Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent certified passport size photographs and should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for.
Deadline: 5th December 2017