Job Title: Social Media Intern
Organisation: CODE Clinic
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Social Media Jobs in Uganda: CODE Clinic is a general dental practice that has been in operation since 2012. We provide all general dental services with a bias for preventive treatment and pain management solutions to cater for all including the dentophobic patients.
Social Media Jobs in Uganda: The social media intern will update the clinic social sites and website with content generated from the doctors and staff of the clinic and also engage the followers in a timely manner. The incumbent will also set ads on facebook and analyse them with the guidance of the directors. He /she will be expected to spend at least one hour daily learning how to effectively utilize the social media tools.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Take the lead in online content creation and social media management.
- Manage the implementation of our social media strategy, including the development, curation, and nearly around-the-clock posting of engaging, thoughtful, and powerful content on our social media channels (currently Facebook, Twitter and Youtube).
- The incumbent will also contribute to content development for our website. This will include maintaining and strengthening our web interactions with partners, donors, community members, and the broader public.
- Engage clients to give video testimonials daily on facebook or photos
- The jobholder will also help us grow our audience, strengthen our engagement with them and think through new strategies and next steps.
- Update blogs monthly
- Support clients in using Wifi when in the clinic lounge
- Do facebook live at least once a week
- Learn from social media training videos one hr daily
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Social Media intern vacancy should be conversant with social media and online content creation; comfortable with diverse analytic and aggregation platforms; has basic graphic design skills.
- Keen interest in growing a career in social media management
- Collaborative and able to work dynamically and diligently without direct supervision
- Results-oriented, interesting in learning and recommending new approaches or tech solutions.
- Tech savvy
- The applicant should preferably have an MC at events or with significant events management experience
- Computer literacy skills
- Ability to read and write
- Extrovert personality that can interact with people freely and quiz them or start conversations easily
- Outgoing, extroverted and interesting
- Fluent in both English and Luganda
- Age: Below 25 years
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates are encouraged to send their cover letters and updated CVs via email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line quoted as “Social Media Intern.”
Deadline: 8th December, 2017