30 November, 2017
POST : INFORMATION SCIENTIST
REF: HRM 147/286/01
SALARY : UGANDA GOVERNMENT SCALE U4
AGE : 21 YEARS AND ABOVE
MINISTRY: INTERNAL AFFAIRS (UGANDA PRISONS SERVICE)
MINIMUM ACADEMIC QUALIFICATIONS
Information Scientist Uganda Jobs 2017: Applicants should be Ugandans in possession of an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Library and Information Science or any other closely related discipline from a recognized University/Institution.
The incumbent will be responsible to the Senior Information Scientist for performing the following
– Managing the Resource Centre;
– Providing users in the Resource Centre with reader services and deliverables, such as
– Providing circulation and retrieval services;
– Carrying out Resource Centre in house services of data entry, shelving, cataloguing and indexing materials for easy access;
– Participating in collecting user information requirements and disseminating information appropriately;
– Compiling and analyzing user information from the Directorate;
– Maintaining an effective loan system of books and other reading materials;
– Entering existing documents into different databases;
– Carrying out technical processing of all documents
– Any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
How to apply
Information Scientist Uganda Jobs 2017: Applications are invited from suitably, qualified, University Graduates to fill vacant posts in Ministries/Departments/Agencies. Application Forms/Public Service Form No.3 (2008) in triplicate and PSC Summary Form (one form) should be submitted to the Secretary, Public Service Commission, P. O. Box 7080, Kampala, Farmer’s House 2nd Floor to be received in the Registry Room 214 not later than 5 th December 2017.
The Application and Summary Forms are obtainable from the Public Service Commission Office, 2nd Floor, Farmers’ House, Parliament Avenue, Kampala or Ministries/Departments and District Service Commission Offices, or can be downloaded from the Public Service Commission website www.psc.go.ug. The colour of the application Form does not matter.
Application forms should bear the title of the post followed by the Reference Number specified against the vacancy. The appropriate Advert Title e.g. “PSC EXTERNAL ADVERT [GRE] No. 3/2017” should be clearly indicated on the top of each first page of the Application Form No. 3 (2008). Applicants should attach three sets of photocopies of their certificates and testimonials. Applicants subsequently shortlisted for oral interviews shall be required to present certified copies and originals of their academic transcripts and certificates at the time of sitting Oral Interviews.
Applicants should attach three (3) recent passport size photographs on the Application Form and one photograph on the Summary Form. Applicants should apply for a maximum of only two (2) posts clearly indicating the first and second choice against the post applied for. Serving officers already appointed in the Public Service shall not be considered.
Applicants who shall not hear from the Public Service Commission, on completion of the selection exercise should consider themselves unsuccessful.