4 December, 2017
Job Title: Follow Up-Field Officer
Location: Kyegegwa, Uganda.
Reports to: Associate Field Manager
GiveDirectly Uganda Jobs: GiveDirectly is driving a re-evaluation of the norms underlying international philanthropy with a provocative model: we deliver donations directly to the extreme poor and let them decide what to do with them. This approach builds on two converging trends: the rapid spread of electronic last-mile payments solutions in emerging markets, and the large body of experimental evidence showing that direct transfers are as or more cost-effective at reducing poverty than traditional, top-down approaches.
GiveDirectly’s field operations utilize state-of-the-art technologies and business processes to deliver transfers securely, efficiently, and transparently. Our unorthodox approach – allowing the poor, and not the donor, to choose where they invest – has prompted debate in the popular press and among policy makers.
GiveDirectly Uganda Jobs: The Follow up Field Officer is the front-line of interaction with recipients after they have received their transfers. They answer the hotline and resolve recipient’s questions and problems, and call recipients to administer follow up surveys, collecting data for the improvement of the program.
Follow Up Field Officer responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following duties:
- Follow up surveys: call (and sometimes visit) recipients to administer surveys over the phone, to collect data used to improve the program and uncover any recipient problems.
- Hotline calls: answer the phone as recipients call in with questions or concerns, answering their questions and escalating any problems as necessary.
- Registration problem resolution: call the recipients who have not registered with MTN-mobile money or who have registered with the wrong name(s), and advise them on how to register.
- Adverse Events Resolution: assist / advise recipients who have reported problems related to the program.
- A given Follow Up Field Officer may participate in these activities to varying degrees depending on the organization’s needs.
- A Follow Up Field Officer may be rotated through these responsibilities in order to foster professional development and growth.
The Field Officer will play a critical day-to-day role in delivering Give Directly’s gold-standard cash transfer product to donors and recipients. For that reason the suitable candidate for this position will:
- Possess previous working experience in the field with preference to vulnerable communities (1-2 years minimum)
- Have ability to conduct and support recipient surveys and associated processes.
- Must possess work/language proficiency in English and Kiswahili and or Rutoro.
- Computer and mobile device data entry knowledge and skills and good typing skills.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to represent the organization effectively to external parties.
- Have ability to exercise patience and good judgment in resolving recipient problems
- Particularly skilled with interpersonal skills with high empathy, honesty, and integrity
- Must be able to work in and within teams
- Possess high-quality problem solving, work ethic and a strong commitment to GiveDirectly’s mission and model.
- Good time-management skills
- Possess an A’Level certificate or Diploma, a degree in a relevant field will be an added advantage
How to apply:
Candidates are encouraged to apply early as applications will be processed on a rolling basis.