19 December, 2017
Vacancy title: 5 Accounts Assistants – IUIU Uganda Jobs
Responsible to: University Bursar
Salary Scale: IUA6 (One year contract renewable upon satisfactory performance)
IUIU Uganda Jobs: One of the world’s premier academic and research institutions, the Islamic University In Uganda has driven new ways of thinking since its founding in 1988. Today, IUIU is an intellectual destination for scholars across the globe. These scholars are tutored in our campuses; the Main campus in Mbale, the other campuse at Kampala, Kabojja Females and Arua study centre. IUIU is a centre of academic excellence, the nexus of ideas that change the world.
- Receiving revenue and issuing receipts for record purposes.
- Preparing books of accounts for purposes of accountability.
- Banking revenue and carryout reconciliation on bank statements to iron out discrepancies.
- Producing ﬁnancial reports and statements and forward them to the relevant authorities.
- Paying University employees in time as directed.
Minimum qualiﬁcations and Requirements
- Minimum of a 2nd Class Upper Bachelors’ Degree in Business Studies, Bachelor of Commerce, or Bachelor of Business Administration majoring in Accounting from a recognized University. V
- Possession of professional qualifications like ACCA or CPA will be of added advantage.
- Applicants must be computer literate with at least 3 years working experience from a recognized institution.
NOTE: Other Benefits for the posts include housing allowance of 20% of basic salary and free medical treatment for self, spouse (s) and four biological children below 18 years of age at the University Health Center.
Job application procedure
Applicants should send 5 sets of hand written application letter, including copies of an update curriculum vitae (with all supporting documents attached on each application letter), and two (2) separate sealed letters from referees.
For details, contact the office of the University Secretary, Islamic University in Uganda, P.O Box 2555, Mbale, and Tell: 0702325330.
The Document should reach the Office of the University Secretary, Islamic University in Uganda P.O Box 2555, Mbale
or the University Liaison Office at King Fahad Plaza plot 52 Kampala Road Two weeks from 15th December 2017
Deadline of this Job: Two weeks from 15th December 2017
IUIU Uganda Jobs – 5 Accounts Assistants