6 January, 2018
Job title: Program Operations Intern – MSH Uganda Jobs 2018
Reports To: Senior Operations Specialist
Organisation: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Support the day-to-day operations and administrative management of the Program and project field activities, working closely with Program technical managers and COMU, under the supervision of Senior Operations Specialist.
Follow up Medicines Management Supervisors’ SPARS visits with Health Facilities,
Travel regionally to support trainings and field programmatic events,
Collaborate with the technical managers and COMU for coordination of field travels and other logistical support.
1. Planning – support the projects in the logistical planning of workshops, meetings and trainings
• Support the projects in the preparation of workshop budgets to ensure adequate and accurate information is catered for
• Assist in preparation of invitations to participants in accordance with the MSH procedures, with particular attention to ensure adherence to policies on allowances
• Conduct the Anti-Terrorism Clearance Verification Process for events’ participants, venues and related service providers
• Coordinate the selection of venues with all the necessary logistical support including Public Address System, venue arrangement, projectors, screens, etc.
• Ensure the availability of materials, including stationery, printed materials, branded materials, name tags, all arranged and packaged in an appropriate manner
• To undertake any other tasks assigned by the supervisor.
2. Venue Management – Support the venue activities, including:
• Provide assistance to ensure participants are registered in time
• Coordinate the processing of mobile money payment to participants in a timely manner
• Coordinate with the hotels regarding the changes in participants’ numbers and to ensure services are as per schedule
• Coordinate the customer satisfaction assessment surveys.
3. Equipment – Ensure that all training equipment is well maintained and returned to safe custody after each training session together with, unused materials and branding materials.
Qualifications and Experience
No past experience is required, but position holder should:
• Have interest to work with an international health development Organization.
• Preferably hold a degree in Administration or in – training for a degree in administration
• Familiarity with event planning.
• Ability to work independently and to multi-task.
• Computer skills in Microsoft Office applications (particularly Word and Excel)
• Interpersonal and communication skills with ability to interact professionally.
• Should be willing to uphold MSH code of business ethics.
Deadline: Friday 12th January 2018 at 5pm