9 January, 2018
University Research Co., LLC (URC), a US-based public health organization working in Uganda since 2005, is implementing the USAID’s Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services in East Central Uganda Activity (USAID’s RHITES EC). The purpose of this project is to support the implementation of a comprehensive, integrated investment in regional health, HIV/AIDS and nutrition assistance. This five-year activity targets 11 districts in East-Central Uganda with an estimated total population of 4.1 million through a district-based integrated package of quality health, HIV/AIDS, nutrition and child development services. URC is seeking qualified candidates to fill the following positions at the Jinja town and district based offices.
The Receptionist is responsible for attending to visitors and deal with inquiries on the phone and face to face. S/he is expected to provide general information regarding the organization to the general public, clients and customers.
- Perform general clerical duties, to include but not be limited to photocopying, scanning, faxing, filing, and mailing.
- Provide office administrative support including organization and facilitation for internal meetings, drafting agendas, and taking minutes;
- Maintain hard copy and electronic versions of a project archive, including contract and subcontract documents, client approvals, consultant documents, travel files, procurement files, project deliverables, project reports , and minutes of meetings.
- Manage and document correspondences between project offices, the home office, client, other partners, and stakeholders.
- Support new staff orientation, onboarding and other HR initiatives.
- Answer incoming telephone calls, take complete and accurate messages for people who are not available, and ensure they receive the messages.
- Greet and escort guests.
- Ensure timely settlement of office bills.
- Assist with making logistical arrangements for project events and field activities.
- Make logistical arrangements for project staff traveling outside their region or for international visitors.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Leisure & hospitality Social Science, or other relevant field.
- At least two (2) years of relevant professional experience in reception Management or customer case
- Excellent knowledge and experience with Windows, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and other data processing and graphical presentation software.
- Ability to independently plan and execute complex tasks while addressing daily management details and remaining organized and focused on long-term deadlines and strategy highly desirable.
- Ability to assess problems and develop solutions.
- Excellent inter-personal communication skills and excellent organization skills.
- Oral and written English language fluency.
Job application procedure
Qualified applicants should submit their cover letter, certificate of good conduct, completed USAID Form 1420 Contractor Employee Biographical Data Sheet, curriculum vitae, copies of academic credentials and contact information for 3 professional references in the subject line addressed to:
Plot 7 Ntinda View Crescent, Naguru
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.