29 January, 2018
Job Title: 18 Office Assistants/Caretakers – Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2018
Nature of contract: Temporary
Organization: Marie Stopes International
Duty Station: Kampala, Mbarara, Masaka, Gulu, Lira, Mbale, Iganga, Fortportal, Arua, Kabale, Masindi, Mubende, Soroti, Hoima, Kapchorwa, Moroto, Tororo, Mbale, Uganda
Reports to: Team Leader
Marie Stopes International exists to bring quality family planning and reproductive healthcare to the world’s poorest and most vulnerable people. We’ve been delivering family planning, safe abortion, and maternal health services for over 35 years. Millions of women worldwide turn to us for help each year, whether in limiting the size of their families, or avoiding dangerous complications in pregnancy or unsafe abortion.
Marie Stopes Uganda Jobs 2018: The Office Assistant /Caretaker will help with the organization and running of the daily administrative operations of MSIU. The ideal candidate will be a hard-working professional able to undertake a variety of office support tasks and work diligently under pressure. This person should be comfortable working with a high degree of attention to detail and discretion as well as incorporating new and effective ways to achieve better results. The incumbent will perform a wide variety of responsible office support and administrative functions in support of the assigned teams. This requires proficiency in the full range of general office services and functions.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Courteously receive visitors and deliver messages to the team.
- Clean/ ensure office premises are clean.
- Ensure the security guard is always on duty and in full uniform.
- The jobholder will receive VSP claims and confirm receipt by stamping on each.
- Record received claims.
- Prepare and dispatch claims.
- Report any security concerns to the team leader
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Office Assistant /Caretaker jobs must hold High school diplomas /certificates or its equivalent
- A diploma/certificate in any relevant portfolio is an added advantage
- At least two years’ experience in similar position in a busy office environment
- Good computer skills i.e. proficiency in Ms. Word and Excel
- Working knowledge of office equipment
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
- Excellent organization and time management skills
- Ability to work with people with diverse cultures.
- Ability to demonstrate a can-do attitude,
NB: Note that this is temporary employment where the successful candidates will be required to work for 3 days in a week and this is a fixed term contract (the duration is five months maximum and non- renewable)
How to Apply:
All candidates who wish to join Marie Stopes are strongly encouraged to send an updated CV, cover letter, certified copies of academic documents to the Senior Manager Human Resource via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org quoting the position title.
NB: Please do not attach transcripts
Deadline: Friday 2nd February 2018, 5:00 pm