OAG Uganda Jobs – No Experience Legal Officer
Job Title: Legal Officer – OAG Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Office of the Auditor General (OAG)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Legal Officer
Ref: ADM. 56/136/01 Vol.6 [01/18]
OAG Uganda Jobs: The Office of the Auditor General (OAG) is an institution established under the provisions of Article 163 of the Constitution of the Republic of Uganda. Its mandate, functions and powers are enshrined in the National Audit Act, 2008. The main function of the OAG is to audit and report on the Public Accounts of Uganda and all Public offices or bodies and/or organization established by an Act of Parliament.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Providing of legal advice and opinions to OAG and staff;
- Drafting contracts and MOUs.
- Initiating the process for registering legal documents for OAG.
- Supporting the unit on behalf of OAG in Liaising with external lawyers to facilitate collection and preparation of information related to court matters;
- Preparing legal briefs arising from Court matters for the attention of Senior Legal Officer.
- Tasked with representing OAG in courts of law under the supervisor of the Senior Legal officer;
- Supporting the OAG to meet her legal obligations;
- Drafting, reviewing and supporting legal and compliance policies that are in line with OAG’s mandates;
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Legal Officer should possess an Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Law and a Post Graduate Diploma in Legal practice from a recognized University/ Institution.
- Applicants must be of high integrity with moral and ethical standards, analytical ability and logical reasoning; must be computer literate (Microsoft Office) and possess the skills to conduct legal research.
- Any working experience in the related field will be of an added advantage.
- Age: Below 30 years
How to Apply:
All candidates are strongly encouraged to send their applications including;
- Detailed typed curriculum vitae which clearly supports the competencies required above
- Certified copies of academic qualifications, testimonials and professional training certificates.
- Names of three (3) referees and their contacts
- A recent passport size photograph
The complete applications should be submitted with an application form, which can be obtained from OAG registry, Audit House
NB: All serving officers should channel their applications through their Heads of Departments
The complete applications must be addressed to:
The Auditor General Audit House
Plot 2C, Apollo Kaggwa Road P.O. Box 7083,
Deadline: 12th February 2018