OPM Uganda Jobs 2018 – 13 Engineering Assistants
JOB TITLE: 13 ENGINEERING ASSISTANTS – OPM Uganda Jobs 2018
AGE: 25 YEARS AND ABOVE
DUTY STATION: KAMPALA
REPORTS TO: PROJECT AND DISTRICT ENGINEER
About the project
OPM Uganda Jobs 2018: The Government of Uganda has received a grant from the World Bank towards the Development Response to Displacement Impact Project (DRDIP). The Project is intended to improve access to social services, expand economic opportunities and enhance environmental management for host and forcibly displaced households in the targeted areas of Uganda; in the districts of Arua, Adjumani, Yumbe, Koboko, Moyo, Lamwo, Hoima, Kamwenge, Isingiro, Kiryadongo and Kyegegwa.
The project has components which include (i) Social and Economic Services and Infrastructure; (ii) Sustainable Environmental Management; (iii) Livelihoods Program; and (iv) Project Management including Monitoring and Evaluation, and Regional and National Institutional Support.
DRDIP will be executed under the supervision of Office of the Prime Minister.
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Ugandans to fill the following positions existing in DRDIP project:
To provide technical support in the planning and implementation of infrastructure development/ public works projects in refugee hosting districts.
To offer technical support in infrastructure development activities at National, District and Community levels to ensure maximum benefit to the Project beneficiaries.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Review cost estimates of schedules of materials, labor, transport, tools and bill of quantities to ensure correctness and reflection of actual requirements.
• Verify expenditure against physical progress of sub projects.
• Advise in the preparation and revisions of budgets and cost estimates to reflect current needs and prices as well as costing of community inputs.
• Liaise with sector staff in subproject appraisals, monitoring, assessments, inspection and certification to ensure quality of output.
• Monitor progress of on-going subprojects for adherence to sector standards and specification and agreed implementation strategies and project targets.
• Draw up terms of reference to serve as basis for engaging facilitators/consultants who may assist in the supervision of subproject implementation.
• Assist communities in engaging lead local artisans or contractors in liaison with the district.
• Review subproject requests submitted by the Districts to ensure accuracy, completeness, viability, sustainability and compliance with relevant sector norms and standards before financing.
• Perform any other duties assigned from time to time
QUALIFICATIONS AND SPECIFICATIONS
• An Honours Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering from a reputable University with 2 years work experience and above or A Diploma in Civil Engineering with 10 years and above work experience in supervising and managing civil works with reputable Organizations.
• Additional training in rural infrastructure development shall be an added advantage
• Good oral and written communication skills.
• Should be fluent in English.
• Proven high level of integrity in handling public resources and in executing duties.
• A high level of interpersonal and management skills and ability to work with teams
• Must be result focused and be able to work under pressure and tight deadlines
• High level of integrity
How to apply
Application accompanied by detailed curriculum vitae, copies of certificates and academic transcripts, three competent referees, one of whom MUST be from your current employer or previous employer (for those temporarily unemployed) plus a passport photo, contact details (mobile number and e-mail), photocopy of the National ID should be addressed
To: The Permanent Secretary
Office of the Prime Minister
New Government Block
Plot 9-11 Apollo Kaggwa Road
P.O. Box 341, Kampala
Note: Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. Any form of canvassing shall automatically lead to disqualification of a candidate. The application forms should be delivered at the Human Resource Office 3rd Floor, Office of the Prime Minister
Closing date for receipt of applications: Friday, 2nd March 2018 at 5:00 p.m.