IDRC Uganda Jobs – DATA OFFICER
Job title: DATA OFFICER
Organisation: Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC)
IDRC Uganda Jobs: The Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC) with support from Malaria Action Plan for Districts (MAPD) seeks to hire a suitable candidate for the position of DATA OFFICER to conduct antimalarial therapeutic efficacy studies. The successful candidate will work at any one of the following sites namely Arua, Apac, Busia, Mubende and Kanungu district.
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Create database, enter patient data into the database and prepare for analyses
2. Carry out data analysis and generation of data reports
3. Run and correct queries in the data.
4. Liaise with clinicians to rectify any anomalies on CRF’s
5. Maintain records in a confidential manner according to established procedures
6. Provide basic troubleshooting and ‘’help desk’’ support for computer users
7. Ensure proper daily backups of databases
8. Participate in the transfer of data to the Central Data Management Centre
Key Result Areas
1. Designing of database
2. Accurate data entry.
3. Data analysis
4. Report generation
5. Organized and filed study forms and logs.
6. Storage of data
7. Confidentiality of all information
Qualifications and other desirables for the job:
1. Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Statistics or Information Technology from a recognized University.
2. At least 3 years work experience in a similar setting and or performing a similar activity
3. Good communication, interpersonal skills and networking skills
4. Integrity and ability to develop a productive working relationship with District Health Teams.
5. Ability to operate in a fast and diverse environment
6. Excellent data entry and management skills.
How to apply:
Typed letters of application together with current CV plus copies of academic certificates should be delivered to:
The Human Resource Manager
Infectious Diseases Research Collaboration (IDRC),
P. O Box 7475, Kampala, 2C Nakasero Hill Road OR
IDRC Tororo Office at the Tororo District Hospital OR
IDRC Mbarara Office on Ntare road off Nkokonjeru junction OR
IDRC Mbale Office on Plot 35 Masaba Road OR
IDRC Busia Office at Masafu General Hospital OR
IDRC Fort portal Office Kagote Division, Kabafumu Road OR
IDRC Jinja Bugembe Office next to Uganda Prisons.
Applications can be submitted to HR@idrc-uganda.org
ADDITIONAL IMPORTANT COMMENTS:
Please note that failure to comply with the below will render your application invalid for this process.
1. All applications must be delivered on or before 5:00pm, Monday 26th March 2018.
2. All applications must be accompanied by the following at the time of submission:
a) Current CV (Use Word or PDF format only for email submissions; photos are not allowed).
b) Typed letters of application (Use Word or PDF format only for email submissions; photos are not allowed)
c) The contact details of three work related referees
d) Copies of academic certificates (Use Word or PDF format only for email submissions; photos are not allowed):
3. If you are applying by mail, PLEASE WRITE YOUR NAME & THE NAME OF THE JOB OPENING IN THE SUBJECT LINE OF YOUR E-MAIL.
4. Submission of incomplete or inaccurate documents will render that applicant ineligible for consideration for the job opening.
5. Applications cannot be amended following submission.
6. PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED FURTHER.