IRC Uganda Jobs – Human Resource Volunteer
Job Title: HR/Admin Volunteer
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Admin/HR officer
IRC Uganda Jobs: The International Rescue Committee helps people whose lives and livelihoods are shattered by conflict and disaster to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. It was created by Albert Einstein more than 80 years and has been working in Uganda since 1998. It has particularly working in the conflict zones where tens of thousands of people have been kills and over 1.6 million displaced. Following a peace agreement in 2006, Ugandans are returning home and looking to rebuild their lives. The IRC is there to protect women and children from violence and exploitation by fostering a safe environment and encouraging education, and is supporting farmers and small businesses, and helping communities promote peace and long-term development.
Job Summary: The HR/Admin Volunteer position is a temporary position and the Volunteer will be a member of the team who will contribute towards the achievement of the head office’s HR objectives.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: The Volunteer will work closely with the Admin/HR officer in performing the roles mentioned below;
- Support in creation of new staff personal files.
- Update the existing personal files, ensuring that they all have the necessary information.
- Organize the whole filing system according to staff T7s.
- Assist in stamping all HR related documents.
- General organization of HR Office documents/paperwork.
- Perform any other official duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Confidentiality: Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the International Rescue Committee HR/Admin Volunteer job placement must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Human Resource Management, or related field.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- Knack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Good computer skills especially in MS excel and word.
Internship Benefits: IRC’s volunteer/Internship policy aims to ensure you get the most out of your experience with us by working directly with a dynamic team. We present a great opportunity to learn new skills, expand your knowledge, networks and relationships. The intention is to avail you an opportunity to deepen your professional experience through;
- A supportive and encouraging environment in which to grow your skills and knowledge.
- Mentoring, on-duty training, all information and guidance required for you to carry out your voluntary work and develop in your role.
- Exposure to international NGO systems and processes.
- A chance to develop meaningful networks and relationships that will help to propel your career forward.
- As this placement is purely voluntary, IRC will not pay salary. However in line with our Volunteer/Internship policy the Volunteer will receive a small monthly stipend to facilitate transport and meals.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send updated CVs, cover letters and filled application form, download here, clearly indicating “HR/Admin Volunteer-Kampala” as the subject to: UA-IRCJobs@rescue.org (The Human Resource and Administration department, International Rescue Committee)
Deadline: 6th April 2018