Job title: 8 Student Interns
Organisation: Plan International
Internships in Uganda 2018: Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. We actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. We support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. We place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind.
Internships in Uganda 2018: We are offering internship opportunities for students pursuing their academic qualifications from recognized training institutions. Internship is mandatory in training institution and students are expected to undergo industrial training to enhance their ability to integrate theory with practice. Internship is done under close monitoring to ensure learning occurs through practical work experience from either an on-going project or within a department. It provides internees with the opportunity to access challenging work experience while the organisation benefits from their academic knowledge and skills.
Responsibilities and Scope of Internship Work
- Participates in mobilisation of children, their families and communities to participate in Plan International Uganda programmes and other development work in the community.
- Works with Community Volunteers in generating quality and timely sponsorship communications and submits to his/her supervisor.
- Conducts sponsored child family visits, documents and submits home visit reports to his/her supervisor.
- Develops and shares weekly work plans with measurable activities.
- Develops and submits reports of the work done on weekly basis or as may be deemed necessary.
- Supports project point person in facilitation process in terms of trainings, meetings and community dialogues.
- Works with other staff to promote team work and good working environment within work place and organisation.
- Complies with Plan International policies and guidelines
- Compiles internship report and shares with the institution supervisor.
Duration of internship: The duration of student internship is limited to 3 months starting from July to September 2018.
Number of student interns required:
- Tororo Programme Area has got three (3) opportunities for students who would be interested to conduct their internship.
- Kamuli Programme Area has got two (2) opportunities for students who would be interested to conduct their internship.
- Lira Programme Area has got three (3) opportunities for students who would be interested to conduct their internship; 2 positions in Programmes and 1 position in Administratrion.
- Student Interns will report to the Programme Unit Coordinator but will be attached to Community Development Facilitators (CDFs) to provide continuous support and learning based on the qualifications and interest of the intern.
- The supervisor will coach and mentor the intern to ensure a successful internship experience for the intern, Plan International Uganda and training institution.
- The attached supervisor is expected to provide feedback to the intern and the institution that sent an intern during the process of working with Plan International Uganda.
- The supervisor delegates tasks to the intern to perform under his/her supervision.
- The supervisor reviews the internship report of the intern and submits to Programme Unit Manager for appraisal.
- Administration coordinator, child protection focal point person, IT Coordinator and other relevant staff will orient the intern on organisational operations and policies, including Child Protection policy.
Students from reputable universities and other higher learning institutions pursuing studies in the following areas: Social Works and Social Administration, Social Sciences, Development studies, Education, Community Psychology and other Humanity related disciplines.
- The intern must be willing to abide by Plan International Uganda’s policies and procedures during the period of the internship.
- The intern must be willing to sign and abide by the organisation’s Child Protection Policy
- The interns should be able to communicate and write in English.
- Applicants for internship programme must be willing to undertake the project/assignment at the Plan International Uganda – Tororo Programme Area.
- The intern shall indemnify Plan International Uganda, its implementing partners, and its staff against any claims, that may arise in connection with the performance of this Agreement by the intern.
- The intern shall declare that all works carried out during the internship duration remain the property of Plan International Uganda.
- Should show commitment and availability at place of work as per the stated period of internship.
Job application procedure
Suitably qualiﬁed candidates should submit letters of application together with a CV, not later than 6th April, 2018. This should not exceed (2MB).
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply.
Further inquiries, please address them to:
Country Human Resources and Organisational Development
Manager, Plan International Uganda,