Organisation: Plan International
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Plan International Uganda Jobs: Plan International was founded over 75 years ago and is one of the oldest and largest children’s development organizations (non-profit / INGOs) in the world. We work in 50 developing countries across Africa, Asia and the Americas to promote child rights and lift millions of children out of poverty. Plan’s vision is of a world in which all children realize their full potential in societies that respect people’s rights and dignity. Plan is independent, with no religious, political or governmental affiliations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supports in monitoring of fuel usage by completing monthly fuel consumption efficiency and repair analysis report and keep custody of fleet records like mileage log sheets.
- Prepares payment breakdown for the fuel consumed and repair costs showing the various account lines to be charged
- Prepares and circulates weekly transport plans and route schedules and allocate drivers to ensure efficiency in coordination of staff movements according to Plan International Transport Policy.
- Supports the procurement function in respect to staff accommodation bookings at prequalified hotels in conformity with Plan International policies and procedures.
- Supports administration/procurement department to organise events, workshops and other related functions as agreed with the supervisor.
- Supports the administration Assistant to follow up and verify goods and services delivered by vendors.
- Prepares and shares with the Coordinator weekly procurement progress report for review and consolidation.
- Develops and shares weekly work plans with measurable activities.
- Develops and submits reports of the work done on monthly basis or as may be deemed necessary
- Conducts sponsored children family visits, documents and submits home visit reports to his/her supervisor.
- Works with other staff to promote team work and good working environment within work place and organisation.
- Complies with Plan International policies and guidelines
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Plan International Graduate internship opportunity should have completed their degrees in the recent 18 months and should have the following qualifications: Bachelors’ degree in Procurement and Logistics Management, Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration (Accounts or Finance) or related discipline.
- The intern must be willing to abide by Plan International Uganda policies and procedures during the period of the internship.
- The intern must be willing to sign and abide by the organization’s Safe Guarding children and Young people Policy.
- The intern should be able to communicate and write in English.
- The intern shall indemnify Plan International Uganda, its implementing partners, and its staff against any claims, that may arise in connection with the performance of this Agreement by the intern.
- The intern shall declare that all works carried out during the internship duration remain the property of Plan International Uganda.
- The intern should show commitment and availability at place of work as per the stated period of internship.
- Applicants for graduate internship program must be willing to undertake assignment at Plan International Uganda – Tororo Programme Area.
- They should have completed and graduated in the last 18 months
- Willingness to commit to the internship for an entire year
- Good character, creativity, honesty, positive attitude and ability to learn
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates should send their letters of application, together with updated CVs, contact telephone numbers, copies of relevant certificates, names and contact details of three references plus salary history and send to:
The Country Human Resources and Organizational Development Manager,
Deadline: 6th April 2018