Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2018 – No Experience Enumerators
Job Title: APOLOU Enumerators
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Kotido, Abim, Kaabong, and Amudat Districts
Reports to: MEL Manager
Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2018: The APOLOU Enumerator will gather valuable data from the community within the program geographical areas of Kotido, Abim, Kaabong, and Amudat Districts.
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
About USAID Apolou Program:
In October 2017, Mercy Corps was awarded a 5 year USAID/ Food for Peace- funded program working in 4 districts in Karamoja, the Apolou Activity. The Activity has four purposes with cross cutting themes of gender and youth and resilience: 1) Inclusive and effective governance contributes to food and nutrition security, 2) Improved health and nutritional status of pregnant and lactating women, children under five, and adolescent girls, 3) Improved WASH conditions and 4) Adolescent girls, adolescent boys, women and men access diverse and secure livelihoods through improved capacities and strengthened market systems. Apolou is implemented by a consortium of actors led by Mercy Corps, including Save the Children, Whave Solutions, four local partners (KAPDA, AIDI, NARWOA and Riam Riam) and Tufts University’s Feinstein International Centre (FIC).
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend assessment orientations as required
- Conduct field assessments as instructed
- Complete data collection instruments as instructed and Submit/Hand in completed surveys on time
- Keep the data collection instruments (Mercy Corps assets) secure & in good condition
- Conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring positive recognition to Mercy Corps and not to endanger Mercy Corps mission.
- Report all problems to the supervisor and communicate with supervisor on a consistent basis
- Enter data into the Mercy Corps database
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Apolou Enumerator job opportunity should a Diploma /Degree or certificate in relevant field.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; including probing techniques
- Previous experience in Data collection using tablets/ smart phones is an advantage.
- Candidates should use good interview techniques including probing and protect respondent’s privacy, and be able to collect qualitative and quantitative data.
- Candidates with good mobile data collection skills and knowledge of Ngakarimojong are highly preferred.
- Excellent computer skills, specifically in MS Word, MS Excel
- Attention to detail and ability to complete tasks in time
- Excellent teamwork abilities and interpersonal skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills
- Good community mobilization skills
- Ability to translate information/ text from English to the local respective languages.
- Good spoken and written English. Fluency in Ngakarimojong or Ethur is a must.
- Ensure ethical standards
Duration: April 2018 – December 2018
How to Apply:
All candidates should submit their applications in the hardcopy form to the field offices of Mercy corps in Kaabong, Kotido, Moroto and Amudat. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees) and copies of academic qualifications/certificates. The application envelope should include the location/District you are applying for.
Deadline: 13th April 2018