KCCA Uganda Jobs 2018 – 2 Graduate Social Workers
Job Title: 2 Medical Social Workers
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Duty Station: Kawempe and Kiruddu Hospitals, Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Senior Medical Social Worker
Reference: HRM 72/173/01 KCCA
KCCA Uganda Jobs 2018: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) is the legal entity, established by the Ugandan Parliament, responsible for the operations of the capital city of Kampala in Uganda.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Medical Social Worker will also assess patients and relatives with social needs.
- Provide psycho-social support, social care and emotional therapy to patients.
- Work closely with Hospital management in the provision of social services to the patients.
- Carry out home visits to patients.
- The Medical Social Worker will also impart coping skills to patients and relatives.
- Actively participate in research activities.
- Adhere to the Professional Code of Conduct and Ethics.
- Manage and account for allocated resources.
- Compile and submit periodic reports.
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
The Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) Medical Social Worker should hold an Honors’ Degree in Social Work and Social Administration (SWASA) from a recognized Institution.
How to Apply:
The Application should be filled ONLINE, Here, and submitted to the Secretary, Health Service Commission. Applicants are advised to:
- Complete PSF 3 and keep it for future reference, Download Form Here.
- Secure a scanned passport size photograph (JPEG format).
- Scan only the relevant documents.
- Create an email address in case you do not have.
Relevant Documents include the following:
- Academic and professional certificates (UCE, UACE, Professional Certificates, Diplomas, Degrees, Fellowships).
- Evidence of training in specialized areas where applicable.
- Letters of appointment, confirmation and promotion where applicable.
- Registration certificates and valid practicing licenses for health workers who are required by law to register with relevant Professional Councils.
- National and current Institutional Identity Cards.
- Priority should be given to uploading only the relevant documents in the job specifications.
- Shortlisted applicants will have the opportunity to present additional relevant qualifications.
- Visit this link, Click Here
- Go to “Job seekers login” and register
- View the jobs
- Select one job of choice, APPLY ONLINE and upload all relevant documents and SUBMIT. Detailed guidance on how to apply is provided on the website.
- The application should be completed and submitted ONLINE.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Shortlisted candidates shall be required to bring their original certificates, letters of appointment, three copies of completed PSF 3, Registration Certificates and Valid Practicing Licenses, and evidence of active service, at the oral interview.
- Candidates who will present forged certificates shall be handed over to the Police for appropriate action.
- Health Workers who are on long term training (one year and above) must not apply.
Deadline: 25th May 2018.