Job Title: Banking Assistants
Organisation: Bank of Baroda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Bank of Baroda Uganda Jobs: The Bank of Baroda Uganda Limited, also known as the Bank of Baroda Uganda (BBU), is a commercial bank in Uganda. BBU is involved in all aspects of commercial banking, focusing on large corporations, small and medium enterprises, and individuals. BBU is a subsidiary of the Bank of Baroda (BBI), an international bank with headquarters in Mumbai, India.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Entering/feeding/ posting of duly passed vouchers in computer/ledgers/ registers/bank’s books etc.
- Data entry of various instruments/information in computer/system.
- The Banking Assistant will be scrolling vouchers/receiving pay—in-slips, cheques, drafts and other instruments as per the authority delegated to you by the management and issuing acknowledgement thereof.
- Tallying of scroll sheets with respective heads/accounts.
- Work in cash department and perform all functions relating to receiving/ paying/Remittance/counting/ tallying of cash.
- Receiving cash from the customers/depositors, properly accounting for them in the banks books/accounts and issuing proper acknowledgement/ receipt to customers.
- Keeping proper account and ensuring safety of cash held under your custody/in your possession during the course of your duties.
- Paying duly authorized cash vouchers/cheques after getting it passed by proper authorities.
- Updating passbooks, balancing of books, reconciling the accounts/various accounting heads etc.
- The Banking Assistant will carry out proper maintenance and upkeep of Bank’s records.
- Typing of letters, spreadsheets, doing other job work on computers.
- Charged with marketing of new and existing products and services.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants for the Bank of Baroda Banking Assistant jobs should be graduates with minimum Second Class degree preferably in Commerce/ Accounting & Finance will be an added advantage.
- Working experience in a Bank / Financial Institution will be an added advantage.
- Computer knowledge and proficiency in computer operation shall be accorded preference in selection.
- Age: Below 28 years.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send typed applications with full Curriculum Vitae, names of two referees with self-attested photocopies of academic/ professional/experience certificates, proof of age in a sealed envelope to:
The Executive Director,
Bank of Baroda (Uganda) Limited,
Plot 18, Kampala Road,
P.O. Box 7197, Kampala.
- Envelope containing application must be clearly marked “Application for the post of Banking Assistant.”
- Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for selection process as decided by the Bank.
- No communication will be sent to applicants whose applications are not found suitable during shortlisting.
- Bank reserves the right to reject / accept any application and to relax / alter any condition without assigning any reason.
- Bank reserves the right not to make any appointment as a result of the selection process.
- The short-listed candidates will be subjected to a written test and thereafter a personal interview.
- Final selection will be subject to finding the candidate medically fit by Bank’s Panel Doctor.
- If any information with regard to Qualification, Age, Experience, background checks etc. is found, at any stage to be false the Bank reserves the right to cancel the selection / appointment at any stage.
Deadline: 11th June 2018 by 5.00 p.m.