World Vision Uganda Jobs 2018 – 2 Assistant Accountants
Position: Assistant Accountant (2) – World Vision Uganda Jobs 2018
Report to: Grants Accountant
Location: Kyaka II (1) and Kyangwali (1)
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Uganda Jobs 2018: To assist in providing financial and grant accounting support to the response in line with World Vision accounting policies & procedures and donor grants agreements. Liaise and support Grant Accountant on all financial matters relating to the response.
World Vision is a Christian relief, development and advocacy organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. Motivated by our Christian faith, World Vision serves all people, regardless of their religion, ethnicity or gender. We currently work in 41 Districts in Uganda implementing projects in WASH, Food security and Livelihoods, Education and Child protection.
- Provide accounting and financial technical support to the response staff including on-the-job training in order to maintain accurate and reliable financial information.
- Prepare and file supporting documents for all accounting transactions in compliance with WVU & Donor financial policies and guidelines.
- Manage staff travel and business advances by ensuring accuracy, authenticity, completeness and timely retirement of advances and monthly Account Allocation in SUN System.
- Provide the grants accountant with monthly aging report highlighting the status of advances within the response.
- Prepare payment vouchers (using Voucher Interface) and allocate various departmental/Project costs in compliance with WV Cost Allocation Methodologies and donor requirements.
- Review of payment requisitions in Coupa in compliance with the WVI Finance Manual and chart of accounts.
- Participate in the audit processes of the response, particularly facilitating audit team easy access to the financial records.
- Code & Monitor budgets, record all expenses in line with the approved budget in order to ensure that correct expenditures are correctly charged to departments/projects.
- Verify vendor claims, advances and other receivables to ensure that suppliers are paid in a timely manner.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- University degree, with a major in Accounting/Finance/Auditing or a full professional qualification in ACCA, CPA, CMA or equivalent.
- Minimum one years’ post qualification experience in grants accounting.
- Extensive Computer knowledge in Microsoft Excel, Vision Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SUN Accounting and Access is required.
- Must have proven knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles and Internal Control Procedures.
- Written and Oral Communication skills are essential, and the incumbent must be a team player, who is able to work successfully in a multicultural environment.
- A high level of integrity is required.
How to apply