Job Title: Customer Service Associate
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Customer Service Jobs in Uganda 2018: BitPesa is a digital foreign exchange and payment platform that leverages blockchain settlement to significantly lower the cost and increase the speed of business payments to and from frontier markets. BitPesa is a market-maker in every major African currency and opens corridors for business payments and trade between frontier markets and the rest of the world. Founded in 2013, BitPesa was the first blockchain company to be licensed by the UK’s Financial Conduct Authority and follows stringent KYC practices. BitPesa services frontier market businesses and multinationals paying suppliers as far as China and UAE, as well as cryptocurrency traders. Our API also enables international remittance companies to send white-label payments to dozens of bank networks and mobile money operators across Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana, Uganda, Tanzania, Senegal, and the DRC.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Customer Service Associate will respond to general inquiries and answer questions about products and services
- Directs inquiries to the relevant team.
- Contribute regional content to Help/FAQ Page with procedures and steps to products and services.
- The Customer Service Associate will quickly respond to customer inquiries promptly by checking emails to attend support and trade messages and receiving calls on Customer Service line
- Proactively monitor the system to ensure everything is working okay.
- Communicate to Tech Team and report when website is not working as it should
- Communicate to Finance Team to set the correct rates and complete incomplete transactions.
- Communicate to Finance Team when we are out of float
- Monitor transactions and communicate any issues to the relevant team
- Raise queries with Finance team for any transaction that have been sent to wrong accounts.
Voice of the Customer / Product Feedback: Provide customer product feedback and product feature requests from region to Customer Service Manager
Analytics/Reconciliation: Work with Finance team to reconcile old transactions
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The BitPesa Customer Service Associate must hold a University degree
- Ability to quickly address customer questions
- Good communication skills
- Ability to handle all customer temperaments
- Wise in decision making
- Ability to work independently
- Ability to pay attention to detail
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join BitPesa are encouraged to apply online at the link below.