Barclays Bank Uganda Jobs – Graduate Call Centre Agent
Job Title: Call Centre Agent
Organisation: Barclays Bank UK
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Complaints and Queries Manager
Barclays Bank Uganda Jobs: The Call Centre Agent will provide excellent service to all customers through provision of product information, real time resolution of customer queries, complaints, handling and identification of customer needs through leads generation.
About Barclays UK:
Barclays is a British multinational banking and financial services company headquartered in London. It is a universal bank with operations in retail, wholesale and investment banking, as well as wealth management, mortgage lending and credit cards. It has operations in over 50 countries and territories and has around 48 million customers. As of 31 December 2011, Barclays had total assets of US$2.42 trillion, the seventh-largest of any bank worldwide.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Inbound Calling:
- Outbound Calling
- Managing Customer Complaints
- Identification of Sales Leads
- Email Queries/Digital Requests/ Others
- Own the resolution of customer queries by responding to their requests at the first instance using all the bank’s systems available.
- Log all calls received on the query management system (BOC) indicating customer and query details as required. Ensure that calls logged correspond to calls received (number of calls) on a daily basis.
- Based on a database provided, and a formalized script, call Customers as requested so as to support the business in achieving its goals.
- Collate customer responses to all questions pertaining to out-bound calling, log to BOC/ complete the Excel sheet and submit to the Contact Centre Team leader/MI team as per laid down procedures.
- Ensure that all the details pertaining to customer complaint is obtained from the customer, log all required details into the bank’s complaint management system (BOC) and follow up for resolution of all complaints that can be resolved at First Point of contact.
- When receiving calls from customers or potential customers requesting information on the bank’s products identify the product requirement and the branch a customer would choose to deal with. Arrange for the in-branch Customer Advisor to contact the customer and follow-up whether this has been done at the agreed time.
- Any other duties assigned by the Team Leader/Centre Manager
- Action digital requests i.e. BIR, Hello money within SLA.
- Strict adherence to risk and compliance
- Strictly adhere to all risk and governance policies and procedures.
- Adherence to Financial Consumer Protection Guidelines
- Comply with Risk and Control Activities and adherences.
- Comply with all Human Resources policies and procedures
- Mandatory Risk and Control objective
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The Barclays Bank Call Centre Agent must hold relevant qualifications from recognized universities / institutions
- Communication Skills
- Telephone Etiquette
- Negotiation Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Decision Making Ability
- General Business Writing
- Trouble Shooting
- Technical Inclination
- Planning Skills
- Attention to detail
- Team Player
- Can do
- Customer service knowledge
- Multi Lingual
- High level of Computer literacy
- Language proficiency and writing skills
- Basic knowledge of Financial Industry products
- Barclays Products and Service
How to Apply:
If you feel challenged by any of the above positions, and believe you can deliver on key deliverables as outlined above, upload your application letter, current curriculum vitae and photocopies of academic certificate to our recruitment website detail below: