WFP Uganda Jobs 2018 – 14 Diploma Community Mobilisers
Job Title: 14 Registration Community Mobilisers
Organisation: United Nations World Food Programmme (WFP)
Duty Station: Uganda
WFP Uganda Jobs 2018: The UN World Food Programme (WFP) is the United Nations frontline agency against world hunger. It is the largest and longest serving humanitarian agency in Uganda. Currently WFP focuses on three priority areas: Saving lives in Emergencies; Building Resilience through Predictable Safety Nets; Improving Nutrition & Mother-and Child Health; and Supporting Small Holder Farmers to Access Markets. WFP has operations in various parts of the Country.
The United Nations World Food Programmme (WFP) in partnership with the government of Uganda is implementing a Single Registry Modelling exercise for Karamoja. The exercise is being rolled out to Amudat District and includes the registration of all Households and individuals in the District into a single model electronic database as part of WFP’s commitment to the Government of Uganda to bring all the households in the community into a single database linked to the National Social Protection Single Registry. This exercise will help act as a modelling platform for the Government of Uganda in implementing a National Single Registry but also help address significant challenges associated with the fragmentation, duplication and inconsistencies in service delivery and enhancing coordination and partnership with all stake holders in the district.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the overall operational supervision of the Head of Field office (Amudat/Nakapiripirit) and under the direct supervision of the designated Registration Project Manager, the registration community mobilisers will:
- Take GPS coordinates for the villages visited (Advance Team) and the proposed registration points for each village.
- Household Verification through community liaison- LC Is, Ere’ elders, etc.
- Provide communities & households with information regarding the registration processes, requirements for registration and the importance of the Karamoja Single Registration Exercise.
- Issuing of routing slips to verified households, Queue management, and crowd control and time efficiencies.
- Help Desk management – Q&A sessions with community members.
- Awareness and Community Sensitization.
- Ink and Flyer Desk management.
- Ensuring that verified members wash their hands.
- Prioritizing vulnerable persons e.g. the elderly, Pregnant Women, Women with newly born babies.
- Keep in contact with their supervisor and provide regular progress updates.
- Escalation to district Government officials for LC’s that have an unreasonably large number of errors or troublesome LC’s.
- Create and maintain records of all village addresses enumerated / not enumerated.
- Securely keep registration materials and supplies during the enumeration period, maintain proper record of all items and equipment (chairs, tents, generators, tables, cables etc.) under your custody daily.
- Any other duties assigned to you by the respective team leader
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the United Nations World Food Programme Registration Community Mobilisers job must hold a Diploma in a relevant field; or has currently completed 2 years of undergraduate studies i.e. studies ongoing.
- Previous experience in community mobilization and electronic mobile data collection will be an added advantage.
- Good interviewing skills;
- Good computer skills, thorough and accurate data collection skills;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to work in a high pressure, high performance remote environment;
- Fluent in verbal Indigenous language (Pokot/ Swahili) and English. Excellent knowledge of the area’s context
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested applicants are encouraged to submit a hand-written application, Curriculum Vitae and the academic documents to the below address. Applicants from within the district of Amudat, are highly encouraged to apply. Please hand deliver your applications to WFP Nakapiripirit Field Office OR Mercy Corps Amudat Field Office in Amudat town.
All applications should be addressed to:
Head of Field Office
United Nations World Food Programme Nakapiripirit Field Office
Deadline: 30th July 2018.