Job Title: Office Administrator
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
AECOM Uganda Jobs: The Office Administrator will ensure the efficient day-to-day operation of the office, and support the work of management and other staff.
AECOM is a premier, fully integrated professional and technical services firm positioned to design, build, finance and operate infrastructure assets around the world for public- and private-sector clients. With nearly 100,000 employees — including architects, engineers, designers, planners, scientists and management and construction services professionals — serving clients in over 150 countries around the world, AECOM is ranked as the #1 engineering design firm by revenue in Engineering News-Record magazine’s annual industry rankings, and has been recognized by Fortune magazine as a World’s Most Admired Company. The firm is a leader in all of the key markets that it serves, including transportation, facilities, environmental, energy, oil and gas, water, high-rise buildings and government. AECOM provides a blend of global reach, local knowledge, innovation and technical excellence in delivering customized and creative solutions that meet the needs of clients’ projects. A Fortune 500 firm, AECOM companies, including URS Corporation and Hunt Construction Group, have annual revenue of approximately $19 billion.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Information to information Centre.
- Update/maintain Lists of Approved Sub-Consultants.
- Keep and maintain clear and concise Records for Auditing.
- Client Satisfaction Surveys.
- Maintain IMS Audit Register and coordinate responses to non-conformance with IMS team.
- Maintain List of Responsible staff for Project.
- Register of Sub-Consultants with FP&A.
- Arrange for Collection of Tender Documents.
- Tender Documentation Compilation and liaise with Strategy and Growth to ensure that the latest version of all company documentation used is for tender purposes.
- Petty cash for purchase of tender documents.
- Sales force capturing/maintenance.
- Maintain Tender Bid Register.
- All Travel and accommodation Arrangements.
- Ordering of Flowers / Snack Baskets.
- Updating of BU Staff Register.
- Ensure that BU CV’s are updated every 6 months (January and July) and that these are placed on the server and available to Strategy and GROWTH for use in tenders.
- Relevant information to new starters.
- Monitor and record keeping of leave.
- Workflow Changes in Oracle.
- Ensure that all Timecards are entered timeously before the weekly deadline.
- Maintain and update Information in electronic Library.
- Assist with completion of IT request Forms.
- Manage information on BU drive on the server (e.g. correct use of sub-folders, maintain tender folders etc.).
- Paper filling where applicable.
- Binding/Copying Documents.
- Messenger Delivery/Collection Notes.
- Order Stationery and Check for accuracy of the order when delivered.
- Monitor the usage of stationery.
- Arrange for Courier where applicable.
- Assist with completing and submitting training applications.
- Ensure that vendors for external training and other services are registered with FP&A.
- Follow up on payments to vendors for external training.
- Maintain training register and submit periodically to HR.
- Assist with financial management:
- Assist with financial reports as required.
- Submit to F&A & Follow-up on Payment of Invoices.
- Timecard Management and month end duties as required.
Provide Office support:
- With the Business Units/PMs, prepare meeting agendas and supporting material for distribution.
- Ensure the timely distribution of material to the attendees.
- Booking of meeting rooms and providing refreshments /catering where applicable.
- Arrange venue and catering for marketing and other BU functions where applicable.
- Support the BU with meeting, travel and other arrangements.
- Draft minutes of BU meetings for review by the BU Leader or any of the PMs as required.
- Create action list for management staff from board meetings.
- Maintain Birthday Calendar of all resources in the BU and update BU Leader daily.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Office Administrator job must hold a Degree.
- Proficiency in the use of computer programs
- MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook etc.).
- E-mail – Outlook.
- Proficiency in the use of office equipment:
- Voice messaging systems.
- Photo copier.
- Proficiency in office management
- Prior logistics and coordination experience.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates who wish to join AECOM are encouraged to apply online by clicking on the web link below.