Caritas Uganda Jobs – 13 Certificate Level Field Agents
Job Title: 13 Agricultural Field Agents – Caritas Uganda Jobs
Organisation: Caritas International
Duty Station: Uganda
Reports to: Agronomist
Caritas Uganda Jobs: The Agricultural Field Agent works with the Agronomist to mobilize farmers to form producer marketing groups
Caritas International is a confederation of 16 Catholic relief, development and social service organisations operating in over 200 countries and territories worldwide. Collectively and individually their claimed mission is to work to build a better world, especially for the poor and oppressed. The first Caritas organisation was established by Lorenz Werthmann on 9 November 1897 in Germany.
In consortium with the Catholic Relief Services -United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (CRS), Caritas Kotido Diocese and The Institute for international Cooperation am Development (C&D) and five other technical partners, Caritas Moroto Diocese is implementing a new five-year (October 2017 — September 2022) Development Food Security Activities (DFSA) Programme entitled “Nuyok” meaning “It is Ours.” Caritas Moroto Diocese will be working through government, community and private-sector systems and structures in implementing the Nuyok project in the Districts of Napak and Nakapiripirit.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Agronomist to mobilize farmers to form producer marketing groups
- He/she undertakes regular consultation with farmers and agricultural businesses.
- The Agricultural Field Agent gives talks, guidance and actual demonstration on the latest technologies related to agriculture and on how they can take advantage of such technologies.
- In consultation with the Agronomist, he or she designs and passes on to farmers appropriate agricultural extension messages.
- He or she trains farmers and produce marketing groups on better agronomic practices, CSA and on produce storage and marketing.
- He/ She works with PMGs to identify produce collection points, and mobilize groups to bulk their produce for marketing
- He/she will be responsible for making activity work plans on, weekly basis and submitting such plans for approval by his/her supervisor.
- Collect and compile accurate data on weekly basis and report the performance of Agricultural groups including PMGs to immediate supervisor (Agronomist) for immediate transmission to the Livelihood Programme Manager.
- Participate in project Assessments/Surveys when called upon.
- Compile monthly Activity reports and submit such reports timely to the Agronomist for integration.
- Identify and report on timely basis any challenges faced by the groups and their members to the Agronomist for immediate attention.
- Work closely with other ﬁeld staff of Caritas in ensuring the realization of Caritas Moroto Diocese development projects outputs.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant must hold a Certificate in community development or any other relevant ﬁeld
- Individuals with ‘A’ or ‘O’ Level Certificate, or with more than two years of community work, especially as group facilitators may be considered.
- Demonstrable ability to plan and coordinate ﬁeld activities
- Proven competency/experience in data collection and basic analysis
- Possession of self-drive; able to work with minimal supervision
- Good reports writing skills
- Fluency in Ngakarimojong and being a permanent resident of the village, Parish or Sub-county in which Nuyok project is being implemented.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should address and send their application letters, Curriculum Vitae and copies of relevant academic and work based certificates to:
The Human Resource Officer,
Caritas Moroto Diocese,
P.O. Box 46, Moroto – Uganda
And submit to the Caritas Moroto Diocese Head Office in Moroto or to the field offices in lriir and Nakapiripirit.
NOTE: Applicants should indicate on their application letters their preferred duty station for the programme officer position or sub-counties of operation for supervisor and field agent positions. Please send your application letter, CV, copies of “relevant academic and work based certificates as well as contact details of three (3) FORMER direct supervisors as references.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Canvassing for support will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Female candidates are highly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 28th September 2018