Graduate Trainee Jobs Uganda – Agronomy Intern
Job Title: Agronomy Intern – Graduate Trainee Jobs Uganda
Location: Nwoya District, Northern Uganda
Salary: Negotiable based on qualifications and skills
Starting Date: ASAP
Graduate Trainee Jobs Uganda : Amatheon Agri Uganda Ltd is a subsidiary of Amatheon Agri Holding N.V. a German based agribusiness and food company developing and operating sustainable businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa. Amatheon Agri Uganda Ltd is seeking a self-motivated, innovative individual to take on the position of Agronomy Intern at the company‘s 5000ha farm in Nwoya, northern Uganda
- Being an active part of the team, disciplined, structured, willing and able to take over responsibility. You will assist operations management.
- Being able to plan test trials, to prepare a scouting program for the agricultural season dependent on the requirements of specific crops
- Conduct trials on different crops according to presented and agreed plan, including seeding, cultivating, spraying, weeding, and harvesting.
- Undertake systematic crop scouting on the company’s vast farms to identify pests, diseases and other effects of vagaries of weather on crops.
- Establish and maintain test plots by examining the effects of seed treatment, agricultural chemicals and fertilizers.
- Manage casual laborers on the trial blocks and ensuring costs are kept low.
- Assist in the conduct of field marking and mapping.
- Monitor seed placement, seed spacing during planting operations and seed evaluation
- Compile data and submit reports on crop health to the Farm Operations Manager
Required skills and experience
- A minimum of a Diploma in crop production
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Agriculture or its equivalent an added advantage.
- Experience running crop trials
- Demonstrated hands on experience in crop research and development.
- Fluent reading, writing, and speaking English
- Possession of a valid riding licence class ‘A
- Computer literacy skills in Ms word, Ms Excel, and Internet
- Must be assertive but diplomatic
- Mature with high degree of integrity
- Ability to manage a diverse team
How to apply:
Interested and qualified candidates who meet the requirements of the above position should send a cover letter and resume only including address, daytime telephone contact and three referees to [email protected]
Deadline: Wednesday 31st October 2018.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NB: Please properly formatted PDF or Word documents are preferred.