CAA Uganda Jobs – 30 No Experience Graduate Trainees
Vacancy title: 30 Graduate Trainees – CAA Uganda Jobs
Job Ref: CAA/ADV/EXT/10/2018
Jobs at: Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)
Duty Station: Entebbe and Upcountry Airports
Salary level : 9
Age : 30 years and below
CAA Uganda Jobs: Civil Aviation Authority (CAA) is a corporate body responsible for regulation of civil aviation in Uganda. It manages Entebbe International Airport (EIA) and thirteen (13) other upcountry aerodromes. CAA carries out its work in conformity with International Civil Aviation Organization (ICAO) Standards and Recommended Practices (SARPs). The Authority now plans to recruit suitably qualified Ugandans of impeccable integrity and commitment to fill the following positions in its establishment as detailed below:
REPORTS TO ONE OF THE FOLLOWING : Manager Air Traffic Management, Manager Aeronautical Information Management, Manager Aerodrome Maintenance, Manager Flight Safety Standards, Manager Air Navigation Services and Aerodromes or Manager Aerodrome Engineering Planning and Development.
The position of Graduate-Trainee will enable the successful candidates acquire the rare professional and technical skills in the various fields within the Aviation Industry. This will include Project management, Maintenance/installation, Planning and Documentation.
An honors Bachelor of Science degree from a recognized university majoring in any of the following disciplines;
- Civil Engineering,
- Electrical & Electronics Engineering,
- Mechanical Engineering.
- Aeronautical Engineering (Aeronautics).
- Computer Engineering.
- Mathematics and Physics.
Working experience is not an essential requirement though desirable.
- Ready to accept posting to any upcountry aerodrome as and when required.
- Ready to undergo medical examination.
- The Trainee will acquaint self with the operations of ICAO, the Uganda CAA and the Directorates of Air Navigation Services, Airports & Aviation Security and Safety, Security & Economic Regulation.
- Actively participate in the implementation of ICAO Annex requirements.
- The jobholder will be deployed in various areas including:-
a) Communication, Navigation and surveillance (CNS)
b) Air Traffic Management (ATM),
c) Electrical & Electronics,
d) Aircraft Maintenance Engineering
e) Flight Operations and
f) Aerodrome Civil and Electrical system units of Civil Aviation Authority-Uganda.
NB: Applicants should indicate their areas of preference.
- The Trainee will participate in a 24 Hour (7 days shift) at Entebbe and other Upcountry Aerodromes like Gulu, Soroti, Arua and Mbarara, among others.
- Perform any other duty related training as assigned by the immediate supervisor and/or Management from time to time.
Job application procedure
Applications with detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) and copies of academic certificates and transcripts with the job reference number clearly marked at the top left hand corner of the envelope should be sent to the address shown below. Please indicate your (day time) phone contact.
The Director Human Resource & Administration
Civil Aviation Authority Head Office
P.O. Box 5536
To be received not later than 5:00 pm on November 16, 2018