UNOC Uganda Jobs – 7 Graduate Administrative Assistants
Job title: 7 Department Administrative Assistants – UNOC Uganda Jobs
Reports to: Head of Department
UNOC Uganda Jobs: The Uganda National Oil Company (UNOC) Ltd was established under the Petroleum (Exploration, Development and Production) Act, 2013 and the Petroleum (Refining, Conversion, Transmission and Midstream storage) Act, 2013 and incorporated under the Company’s Act 2012. It is a limited liability company wholly owned by the Government of Uganda.
The overall function of UNOC is; To handle the State’s Commercial interests in the Oil and Gas industry and ensure that the resource is exploited in a sustainable manner.
UNOC now invites applications for persons interested to develop their career with a dynamic results-oriented Company to occupy the following positions:
- Provide general administrative and clerical support including mailing, scanning, faxing and copying to staff.
- Manage the Calendar of the Head of Department.
- Schedule and coordinate appointments, meeting and travel arrangements for the Department staff.
- Assist in the preparation of regularly scheduled Departmental reports.
- Assist in the developing and maintaining appropriate filing systems.
- Prepare and modify documents including correspondence, reports, drafts, memos and emails.
- Receive, sort and distribute incoming correspondence to the Department, perform data entry and scan documents
- Answer and direct phone calls to the Department and provide general support to visitors.
- Requisition and maintain office supplies for the Department.
- Develop a structure and system to manage contacts and enquiries.
- Provide back up to the Front Office Administrator.
- Provide general office management and any other administrative support when required.
Qualifications and attributes;
- A Bachelor’s Degree (Honours) in Social Sciences, Arts, Development Studies, Public Administration, Social sciences, Business Administration, Secretarial Management, Administrative Secretary or any relevant degree.
- Proven experience as an administrative assistant, virtual assistant or office admin assistant.
- Working knowledge of office management systems, procedures and equipment.
- Proficiency in MS Office (MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook)
- Excellent organizational, planning, written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritize and multitask
How to apply:
Electronically completed and signed Applications Forms together with certified copies of academic certificates should be addressed and submitted in TRIPLICATE to the address below by 17:00 hours (5:00pm EAT) not later than Friday, 09th November, 2018.
Applications delivered through registered mail and courier will also be received. Applications must include a cover letter, application form and supporting documents.
While we thank you for your interest, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Any form of lobbying will lead to automatic disqualification.
The Job Application Form can be downloaded from National Content > Recruitment on www.unoc.co.ug
CHIEF EXECUTIVE OFFICER UGANDA NATIONAL OIL COMPANY
P.O.BOX 36316 KAMPALA 4TH FLOOR AMBER HOUSE,
PLOT 29/33 KAMPALA ROAD. ROOM C406
Deadline: Friday, 09th November, 2018.