Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs – 4 Graduate Gender & Youth Trainees
Job Title: 4 Gender and Youth Trainees
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs: The Gender and Youth Trainees will support the Gender and Youth team in implementing the related activities within the Karamoja region.
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Support Research activities as shall occasion throughout the implementation circle of the Apolou program
- Provide direct support to the gender and youth team during training activities either as facilitators or co-facilitators as shall be determined by the team
- Use training skills to build capacity of Mercy Corp’s external partners under the supervision and with direction from the gender and youth team
- Conduct Mobilization for field activities as and when assigned by the gender and youth department
- Supervise and support enumerators where called upon
- Perform any other duties as shall be assigned by the respective supervisors.
Key Result Areas:
- Activity reports of the research activities conducted
- Completion of training activities
- Handover notes to the Gender and youth officers in case of departure.
- The graduate trainee at the end of the program will acquire important communication and advocacy skills hands-on and will have a deeper knowledge and understanding of the activities and intern mechanisms of an INGO and especially of the Gender Department.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Gender and Youth Trainees should be fresh graduates with Degrees or Diplomas in Gender Studies, Political Science, Development Studies, Research, Women’s Studies, Economics, Sociology or other related field.
- Previous experience in research, training or a demonstrated passion for gender and research is a plus
- Basic research and analytical skills and the ability to synthesize data and notes into a clear and concise database and report.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office, Basic knowledge of Excel.
- Managing resources – Organizes and manages information in an optimum manner.
- Effectively presents data and information in a way amenable to sharing with colleagues.
- Listens well to instructions and feedback, Good interpersonal skills – able to work well in a team environment.
- Ability to work independently and show initiative.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Nga’Karamajong or Pokot Language is highly desirable
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong facilitation skills.
- Ability and willingness to both lead and follow as appropriate.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the
Senior HR and Legal Manager,
Mercy Corps Uganda
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline: 30th November 2018