NIRA Uganda Jobs – 10 Fresher Data Processing Operators
Job Title: 10 Data Processing Operators
Organization: National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA)
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
NIRA Uganda Jobs: The Data Processing Operator will review applications received on the system for processing, check for accuracy, consistency and completeness of the attached support documentation. Specialized activities shall include, but are not limited to, image enhancement, manual identiﬁcation, citizenship veriﬁcation and quality assurance.
The National Identification and Registration Authority (NIRA) was established on the passing of the Uganda Registration of Persons Act, 2015. The Act was made to harmonize and consolidate the law on registration of persons; to provide for registration of individuals and to establish a national identification register. It provides for the mandatory registration of all Ugandan citizens within Uganda and abroad as well as aliens identification cards and for related matters.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Data Processing Operators will register citizens who are 16 years or older who never registered
- Update of learners who were registered under the learners’ project that have since turned 16 years and hence qualifying for a National identification Card (MD);
- (Learner aged between 5 to 16 years who were never registered under the learners’ project;
- Rectification and correction of errors on NIDs or replacement of lost NIDs; and
- Tasked with issuance of cards printed and not yet picked as of December 2018.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicants must at least hold relevant bachelor’s degrees
- Previous experience in similar role with NIRA or other similar institution
- Critical analysis and attention to detail
- IT literacy/ computer skills is a MUST
- Possession of a National ID is a MUST.
How to Apply:
All candidates should send deliver the following documents:
- Application – clearly stating the position applied for
- Detailed and up to date CV (with clear contact details)
- Conﬁrmation of past experience (relevant certificates, letters of appointment and/or recommendation letters)
- Bank details (Registered Mobile Money number, Bank Account Number, TIN and NSSF number)
- Photocopy of National ID
For Data Processing Operators the application, CV and support documents are to be delivered to the HR department at the NIRA Head Office, Kololo Ceremonial Grounds between 8.00 and 5.00pm.
Deadline: Wednesday 19th December 2018 by 5:00pm