Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2019 – No Experience Undergraduate Human Resource Intern
Job title: Human Resource Intern
Organisation: Mercy Corps Uganda
General Position Summary
Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs: The Human Resource Intern will support the Human Resource Department in various aspects including; HR Filling and Reporting, Recruitment Support, Performance Management, Training and Development among others.
Mercy Corps has been present in Uganda since 2006, focusing its interventions on economic and agricultural development, maternal child health and nutrition, governance, conflict management and humanitarian response. In 2017, Mercy Corps had an impact on almost 1 million beneficiaries in Uganda through our work focusing on building resilience and enabling economic growth, improving opportunities to attain better health and nutrition, and improving governance and conflict management. Common themes include community engagement, inclusive development, gender, and working in partnership with local government, the private sector and civil society actors.
The following will be the learning objectives for the Intern:
Recruitment and Selection
- The intern will be able to learn; the recruitment approval process, shortlisting criteria, candidate’s grading, interview process and candidate’s referencing.
Human Resource Filling
- The intern will learn; how staff files are filled, staff file checklist and file auditing, how HR related files are created, labeled and stored.
- The intern will learn; how the performance management cycle operates including performance tracking.
Training and Development
- The intern will learn; how to identify training needs including how to follow-up to ensure all mandatory trainings are completed by staff.
Duties And Responsibilities
Any other duties as assigned
- Provide recruitment support, as part of the HR team, support in creating a longlist of all applicants by downloading all applications, call candidates for interviews and telephone references were necessary.
- Support in reviewing all field HR documents for completeness and follow up on missing paper work were possible
- Filling all HR Department paper work and ensure that all files are easily retrieved in case of need
- The intern will be in charge of pre-auditing all existing and closed National Personnel Files to ensure all information is fully recorded into the National Database tracker.
- Basic report writing including updating of all existing department Trackers
- The HR Intern will conduct himself/herself both professionally and personally in such a manner as to bring credit to Mercy Corps Uganda and to not jeopardize its humanitarian mission.
- Any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
Ethics And Integrity
- All Mercy Corps staff are expected to behave ethically and demonstrate highest integrity in their professional and personal life. Mercy Corps has zero tolerance to any form of fraud, corruption, abuse, harassment or exploitation. Any breach of our policies or misconduct will lead to disciplinary action or may lead to termination.
Knowledge And Experience
- The intern should be a second year student pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource Management or Industrial and Organizational Psychology or a closely related field.
- Proficient in computer software including Microsoft applications
- Strong organizational and communication skills
- Willingness to learn and adapt
- Self-motivated and a team player
- Creative, problem solver who is able to remain calm and work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Interest in working in a similar field in future
- The Intern will work from the Kampala Office. Mercy Corps Graduate Interns represent the agency both during and outside of work hours and are expected to conduct themselves in a professional manner and respect local laws, customs and Mercy Corps’ policies, procedures, and values at all times and in all in-country venues.
How to apply:
Submit your application through email to firstname.lastname@example.org addressed to the Human Resource Director, Mercy Corps Uganda. Include a cover letter clearly stating your salary requirements, CV (with 3 referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates.
Deadline for Submission: Close of business on Monday, 07 th January, 2019.
Subject of email should include the position you are applying for.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted by Mercy Corps. Mercy Corps is an equal opportunity employer; qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply