Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs 2019 – Graduate No Experience Operations Intern
Job Title: Operations Graduate Trainee
Organization: Mercy Corps
Duty Station: Uganda
Mercy Corps Uganda Jobs: The Operations Graduate Trainee will support the various functionalities of the operations department which include administration, procurement, stores, transport and asset management.
Mercy Corps is an International NGO that exists to alleviate poverty and oppression by helping people build secure, productive and just communities. Mercy Corps has been fully registered in Uganda as an operational NGO. Currently Mercy Corps has an office in Kampala and is implementing Food Security programs which comprise of Water and Sanitation, Livelihood and Agriculture and Conflict Mitigation Management Program in North and North Eastern Uganda. We implement programs in the northern districts of Pader, Kitgum, Agago, Lamwo, Kaabong, Abim and Kotido with funding from USAID, USDA, Walmart Foundation, SDC, DFID as well as other private donations.
Key Duties and Responsibilities: Administration & HR
- Identify areas that need improvement in the office environments in the 3 offices
- Prepare for meetings,
- Support in staff orientation, accommodation
- Prepare administrative payment requests
- Support in shelf labeling
- Support in maintenance of the e-bin cards
- Support in ensuring stock records are updated as per transactions
- Prepare and file store related documentation for swaps, deliveries to satellite offices and program participants among others.
- Support routine inventory stock taking.
- Reorganize the fuel records available
- Provide support in preparing monthly vehicle hire and fuel reports
Procurement: Learn how to troubleshoot and update the Yumbe procurement Master list
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Mercy Corps Operations Graduate Trainee should hold a University degree in Procurement & Supply Chain Management, Logistics or Business Administration.
- Previous Trainee ship in at least one area of operations will be preferable.
- Ability to comfortably apply MS Word and MS Excel is an added advantage.
- Must be a recent graduate
- Ability to multitask, be quick to learn, have good communication skills, ability to comfortably communicate in English.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their E-mail applications including a cover letter clearly stating the salary requirements, updated CV (with three professional referees), and copies of academic qualifications/certificates addressed to the Senior HR and Legal Manager, Mercy Corps Uganda to: email@example.com
Deadline: 7th January 2019