Paid Internships Uganda 2019 – No Experience Graduate M&E Trainee
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation Intern
Hours: 40 hours per week, maximum
About University Research Co., LLC (URC)
Paid Internships Uganda 2019: URC is a global company dedicated to improving the quality of health care, social services, and health education worldwide. With a non-profit affiliate, the Center for Human Services (CHS), URC manages projects in over 45 countries, including the United States.
URC and the RHITES-N, Acholi Activity offers internships in an effort to provide current university students, recent graduates and new professionals, from various academic fields, the opportunity to apply their knowledge to actual work experience. URC and the RHITES-N, Acholi Activity strongly believe that internships are an important tool in developing and retaining new and innovative talent to assist us in our continuous goal of improving systems to empower communities. Internships provide on-the-job mentorship and training opportunities in the areas of public health, leadership, finance, human resources, and administration with experienced URC staff members and experienced staff members of partner organizations such as other Uganda-based NGOs and the Uganda Ministry of Health.
Interns will be provided with clearly defined roles and scopes of work and will be supervised by a URC staff member or, in the case of external placements, a suitable member of the staff within the organization in which the intern is assigned. Supervisors of interns will be responsible for monitoring the progress of their assigned intern(s) to ensure effective learning and a positive experience for internship participants.
Internship Learning Objectives, Roles and Responsibilities:
During the course of the placement, the intern will work with their mentor/supervisor and other members of the organization to gain experience and knowledge in the following professional roles and responsibilities:
- Understanding and supporting data collection and performance review activities for the different technical areas
- Learning how to enter online and offline data for quality improvement work in accordance with data entry protocols and guidance from supervisor.
- Carrying out simple analysis of the data sets from the electronic database and understanding how to provide feedback on performance of indicators and quality of data.
- Understand and support technical staff to conduct basic data analysis and interpretation and document unique findings from quality improvement database.
- Keenly monitor reporting by all data sources and provide updates on submission of data for both online and offline data system
- Routinely contacting with partners to follow up the process of data collection and reporting into databases.
- Learning how to draft visual representations for use in reports and presentations
- Provide assistance to the National M&E Advisor in the trainings and workshops, mainly focusing on M&E trainings
- Work closely with supervisor to promote regular use of data in day to day program activities.
- Supporting M&E team in revising existing indicators and generate new indicators for the database based on changing needs and quality improvement activities.
- Other areas of development as may be prescribed from time to time.
Required Experience & Qualifications
- Degree in Public Health, Population Science, or Statistics or related field.
- Must have graduated within the previous 24 months. No candidates over 24 months post-graduation are eligible for the internship program.
- Computer literacy i.e. proficiency in computer applications especially, Excel and Web based databases.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and oral.
- Ability to work with a team and meet tight deadlines.
Desired Experience & Qualifications
- Ability to work independently and display initiative
Please note: Only candidates who are eligible to work in Uganda for an indefinite period without a need for sponsorship will be considered for this position.
For immediate consideration, please visit URC’s Career Opportunities page at www.urc-chs.com/careers
You must upload your CV/Résumé and your Cover Letter where indicated.
Due to the large number of inquiries we receive, only candidates who have met the required experience & qualifications for this position will be contacted. No phone calls please. However, since we are active around the world in the field of public health, we may wish to retain your CV in our database for other/future opportunities, unless you direct us otherwise. Thank you very much for your interest.
URC is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. We value and seek diversity in our workforce.