Med Optics Uganda Jobs – No Experience Graduate Optical Assistant Trainee
Job Title: Optical Assistant (Intern)
Organisation: Med-Optics Limited
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
Reports to: Service Centre Head
Med Optics Uganda Jobs: The Optical Assistant (Intern) will act as the first point of contact for at the Service Centre, perform responsibilities related to welcoming customers, assessing needs, completing client records, scheduling appointments, marketing and selling products and ensure prompt follow up on customers’ orders. Build a strong understanding of customer service and the product range to enable customers to receive a comprehensive tailored service in line with Med-Optics guidelines and strategic objectives.
Med-Optics Limited, is a private company that was established in 2002 to provide a high standard of quality eye health services. Over the last 17 years, Med-Optics has established itself as a preferred provider of quality, investigative Optometry Services in Uganda. Our Customers can always be assured of quality eye health with attention to detail and follow-up to ensure customer satisfaction.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build a strong working knowledge of all the company range of products including and not limited to lenses and frames to suit differing lifestyles, including the ability to explain product benefits in everyday terms.
- Perform on-going customer service/patient care: Answer telephone calls professionally and with a “smile” ready to serve them. Document conversations as needed.
- Complete daily checklist on time and accurately.
- Receive customers upon arrival, conduct prescreening for customers e.g. record their Bio data, auto refraction tests, visual filed tests, etc. and schedule their appointments with the Optometrist in line with company guidelines.
- Plan and make appointments for Optometrists to help them stay on schedule and notify them when they or the customers are running late.
- Go through check-out processes with customers upon completion. Schedule for future appointments and inquire about any overdue charges. Answer any questions customers have. Make reminder calls for the next appointment through i.e. SMS, email, telephone calls etc.
- Prepare, Record and make entries for any insurance information in line with set specific insurance company guidelines.
- Make customers feel comfortable, at ease and welcome by engaging them and/or parent/guardian and maintaining a clean and neat work area.
- Perform general office duties, such as document preparation, scanning, mailing, and filing.
- Complete other tasks as necessary to ensure the smooth running of the practice.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The ideal candidate for the Med-Optics Limited Optical Assistant (Intern)job placement must hold a relevant discipline from an accredited university/ institution
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Knowledge of the product (Trends of frame styles) an added advantage.
- Good communication skills: verbal, listening, interpersonal
- Proficient in use of Microsoft Office
- Strong organizational skills with ability to multi-task
- Accuracy with strong attention to detail
- Problem-solving skills
- Time management and prioritization skills
- Ability to maintain professional demeanor and appearance
- Strong patient care/customer service orientation with ability to demonstrate care and patience
- Positive attitude with ability to work independently and in a team setting
- Flexibility with ability to adapt to change.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested persons should submit their application with a cover letter and an updated CV with three suitable referees with their telephone contacts, by email only to;
Human Resource Manager,
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org (Please indicate the role you are applying for in the subject line of your email)
Deadline: 12th March 2019