UCU Uganda Jobs – No Experience Undergraduate Intern
Job Title: SPRGS Intern
Department: School of Research and Post Graduate Studies (SRPGS)
Reports to: Dean School of Research and Post Graduate Studies
Duty Station: Mukono campus
Duration: 3 Months
UCU Uganda Jobs: Uganda Christian University was founded when the historic Bishop Tucker Theological College was promoted as a university in 1997. Bishop Tucker Theological College trained clergy and educators during its 84-year history from 1913-1997. The local chief, Hamu Mukasa, granted land for the college to operate in Mukono. International partnerships were part of the College’s missionary history. The Church Mission Society teamed with Ugandan leaders and others to assure the College had the necessary intellectual and other capital. By the late 1990s, the Church of Uganda sought to have a broader impact on society through higher education – not only of the clergy but of other professionals as well. Uganda Christian University was established in 1997.
Key competencies & Responsibilities:
- Creating and updating a database for contacts (telephone/WhatsApp, email) of university postgraduate students.
- Creating and updating a database for contacts (telephone, email) of university dissertation supervisors.
- Communicating through emails and Skype with the visiting professors before they arrive and when they are on campus.
- Providing the visiting professor’s updated participant lists before and during the clinic and workshop.
- Coordinating the individualized, coaching sessions in regular, quiet, technology-accessible space for the selected participants.
- Assisting with technology on-site and logistics (scheduling, etc.) in advance and on-site for both large-group and individual sessions.
- Ordering and serving snacks for large-group sessions.
- Helping with administering participant baseline and post/exit-surveys.
- Documenting expenses (phone data, copying, food, etc.) and managing these funds.
- Assisting with coordinating revisions of SRPGS documents, including the clinic final report that documents the graduation rate of master-student participants.
- Assisting with organizing and managing faculty training at Mukono, Mbale and Kabale campuses.
- Completing other duties as assigned by visiting faculty and SRPGS staff.
Qualifications and experience:
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree (at least 2:1) from Uganda Christian University.
- Must have good interpersonal skills especially when dealing with students, staff and visitors.
- Must be able to work independently and also with a team.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be a good time manager.
- Must have the ability to pay attention to detail.
- Must engage in the organization of electronic/soft copy files and function in a changing, fast-paced environment.
- Applicants need to have a personal laptop computer and/or a smartphone.
- Applicants must be willing to work some evenings and weekends.
- Must have excellent computer skills (Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint and Internet).
- Must have the ability to maintain clear and accurate records.
- Must have the ability to organise and schedule conflicting priorities.
- Must have the ability and willingness to adapt and learn quickly.
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be a person of high integrity with excellent working ethics.
- Must be a committed and practising Christian.
How to apply
Send your applications to:
The Director, Human Resource & Administration
Uganda Christian University
Po Box 4, Mukono
Email: [email protected]
Deadline: 5:00pm Friday, 16thApril 2019