MSH Uganda Jobs – Graduate No Experience Logistics Intern
Job title: Logistics Intern-District Support – MSH Uganda Jobs
Reports To: Technical Advisor – District Support
Dept/Unit: PDGGEN – Program Delivery Group
Organization: Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
MSH Uganda Jobs: The Logistics Intern-District Support will provide operational support for district-level capacity building activities for medicines management interventions including; Essential Medicines Supervision Performance Assessment Recognition Strategy (EM SPARS), ART SPARS, Pharmaceutical Financial Management (PFM), TB SPARS, LAB SPARS and other district/regional health supply chain logistics coordination activities.
About Management Sciences for Health (MSH)
Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health. Since its founding in 1971, MSH has worked in over 150 countries with policymakers, health professionals, and health care consumers to improve the quality, availability and affordability of health services. Working with governments, donors, non governmental organizations, the private sector, and health agencies, MSH responds to priority health problems such as HIV & AIDS; tuberculosis; malaria; maternal, newborn and child health; family planning and reproductive health; and chronic non-communicable diseases such as cancer, diabetes, and lung and heart disease. Through strengthening capacity, investing in health systems innovation, building the evidence base, and advocating for sound public health policy, MSH is committed to making a lasting difference in global health.
1. With the guidance of Technical Advisor – District Support, compile and avail periodic MMS supervision work plans for assigned region.
2. Under the guidance of the Technical Advisor district support, carry out data entry of supervisions tools into the provided data entry platforms.
3. Participate in joint supervision with UHSC Technical team, regional IPs and medical Bureaus staff to districts/health facilities
4. Participate in field training of MMS’ in support supervision in relevant medicines management interventions.
5. Support 100% verification of supervision data submitted by Medicines Management Supervisors (MMS) for all supervision tools submitted monthly.
6. Under the guidance of the Technical Advisor – District support, support the SPARS recognition scheme, including, monthly payment processing for verified supervision visits conducted by the MMS Airtime reward processing and others.
7. Identify and participate in periodic supervision audits of non-verifiable supervision visits.
8. Support district and regional coordination meetings, administration management and reporting.
9. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Professional degree in health sciences or related field.
2. Strong knowledge of MS office computer packages and willingness to learn additional computer packages.
3. Strong communication and organizational skills.
4. Willingness to be flexible and adapt to changing priorities and shifting deadlines.
5. Fluency in oral and written English required.
6. Strong team player.
7. Willingness to travel within Uganda.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should online applications via the link below;
Deadline: 17th May 2019.
Management Sciences for Health is an equal opportunity employer offering employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
Fresher Jobs Uganda Disclaimer:
Companies may expire jobs at their own discretion.
If you have not received a response within a month or less, your application was most likely unsuccessful.