OPM Uganda Jobs 2019 – 2 Graduate No Experience Records Assistants
Job Summary: 2 Records Assistants – OPM Uganda Jobs 2019
Age: 23 -45 Years
Duration: 6 Months renewable
Reports To: Refuge Desk Officer
Duty Station: Kampala and Hoima
About the Project:
OPM Uganda Jobs 2019: Applications are invited from qualified Ugandan Nationals to fill the under listed vacant positions available at Arua Refugee Desk, Adjumani Refugee Desk, Hoima Refugee Desk, Mbarara Refugee Desk and Kampala Refugees Department Head Office.
The Records Assistant will provide clerical assistance to the immediate supervisor to ensure proper recording of all incoming and outgoing correspondence as well as maintenance of central files and records within the office. S/he will receive regular guidance and instructions from his/her supervisor. As per specific instructions, the incumbent may require liaising with other internal or external entities, to ensure effective delivery of services and achievement of objectives. The nature of certain tasks requires discretion and confidentiality as per OPM/DOR standards and practices. The incumbent workload and the assignments will remain under constant scrutiny and direction of the supervisor.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive record and forward incoming correspondence and manage its proper distribution to the responsible officer
- Work closely with external contacts following up on official documentation with Government, Embassies and Consulates to ensure the proper delivery of documents and timely action.
- Ensure dispatch of outgoing mail to respective destinations through courier services or other means of dispatch.
- Draft routine correspondence, and respond to queries relating to the area of responsibility
- Ensure that an orderly and systematic filing system is maintained in Registry for efficient and timely retrieval of files
- Ensure the general maintenance and smooth running of the Registry, i.e. physical arrangement, cleanliness and security
- May be required to provide clerical and administrative support by stocking and supplying stationery, receive and dispatch of external and internal office pouches and handle all official documentation.
- Operate office equipment such as photocopiers and computers
- Any other duty assigned by the supervisor.
Applicants should be holding either a Degree in Records Management or Library and Information from a recognised University.
How to apply
Handwritten application letters should be addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary Office of the Prime Minister,
P.O. Box 341, KAMPALA.
All application letters should include personal contact addresses e.g. phone contacts, e-mail addresses, and a recent passport photograph of the applicant and indicate three referees. The applicant should be a person of high moral character and integrity, willing to work in remote rural settlements.
All applicants must quote the Reference Number of the post advertised, indicate the reference number on the top left-hand side corner of the application letter’s envelop, seal it and submit their application letters to;
The Human Resource Office,
Open Registry 3 Floor,
Office of the Prime Minister.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 31st May 2019 at 5.00 pm.
NOTE: In any correspondence on this subject, please quote No: ADM/24/01