OPM Uganda Jobs 2019 – Graduate No Experience Accounts Assistant
Job Summary: Accounts Assistant – OPM Uganda Jobs 2019
Age: 23 -45 Years
Duration: 6 Months renewable
Duty Station: Hoima
About the Project:
OPM Uganda Jobs 2019: Applications are invited from qualified Ugandan Nationals to fill the under listed vacant positions available at Arua Refugee Desk, Adjumani Refugee Desk, Hoima Refugee Desk, Mbarara Refugee Desk and Kampala Refugees Department Head Office.
Roles and responsibilities
- Responsible for processing financial records such as bills, invoices, accounts payable and receivable.
- Responsible for basic bookkeeping activities, preparing payment vouchers and expense forms;
- Receive and receipt cash for project activities
- Payout cash
- Reconcile the cash balances in the cash book on a daily basis.
- Keep value documents
Key Results Areas
- Preparation of payment vouchers for all fund requests, advances, claims, and vendor payments;
- Ensure accurate coding and proper filing of all financial transactions;
- Post entries in the relevant books of accounts using computerized accounting software;
- Reconciliation of bank statements on a monthly basis;
- Reconciliation of vendors statements of accounts on monthly basis;
- Receive and receipt cash from funding partner(s) and project activities; Performance of daily reconciliation of cash balances with cash book;
- Prepare monthly management reports;
- Any other duty assigned by from time to time
Applicant should be a holder of an honours degree in Business Administration or Commerce with accounting option from a recognised University. A postgraduate diploma or professional Accounting courses is an added advantage.
How to apply
Handwritten application letters should be addressed to;
The Permanent Secretary Office of the Prime Minister,
P.O. Box 341, KAMPALA.
All application letters should include personal contact addresses e.g. phone contacts, e-mail addresses, and a recent passport photograph of the applicant and indicate three referees. The applicant should be a person of high moral character and integrity, willing to work in remote rural settlements.
All applicants must quote the Reference Number of the post advertised, indicate the reference number on the top left-hand side corner of the application letter’s envelop, seal it and submit their application letters to;
The Human Resource Office,
Open Registry 3 Floor,
Office of the Prime Minister.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday 31st May 2019 at 5.00 pm.
NOTE: In any correspondence on this subject, please quote No: ADM/24/01