IRC Uganda Jobs 2019 – No Experience Health Assistant
Job Title: Health Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs 2019
Employment Type: Full-Time
Location: Imvepi, Uganda
Key Working Relationships
Position Reports to: Community Health Officer
Position directly supervises: Volunteers and support staff
IRC Uganda Jobs 2019: Under the supervision of the Community Health Officer, the Health Assistant will be responsible for hygiene and sanitation at the Health Unit and community. He/she will be expected to work within the health facility, health posts and community in the IRC supported health facilities’ catchment population and collaborate with the integrated community health program to implement health activities. She/he will spend approximately 80% of his/her time in the field both at the health facility, health posts and in the community.
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Participating in Community Based Environmental Health Activities
- Enforcing Environmental Health Act, Regulations and By-laws
- Accounting for allocated resources
- Compiling relevant basic health data and submit to the Health Inspector
- Liaising with Local Authorities in organizing home improvement competition
- Participating in research activities
- Compiling and submitting periodic reports
- Must have a Certificate in Environmental Health Science or its equivalent from a recognized institution.
- Must be registered and licensed with the Allied Health Professionals Council.
Skills And Abilities
- Quality environmental sanitation;
- Plans allocation of staff, funds and facilities to deliver on expected outputs;
- Able to define and attain targets within set timeframes; and
- Able to appreciate and support change initiatives.
- Enforcement of procedures that promote quality and standard health service delivery;
- Communicates effectively by giving clear, concise and accurate information; and
- Results oriented with the ability to assist the unit to achieve its overall objectives.
How to apply:
Interested applicants should submit their applications online via the link below;
- This position is open only to Ugandan nationals
- The deadline for receiving applications is June 21st 2019
- Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis