Microfinance Jobs Uganda – Graduate Internal Audit Assistant
Job Title: Internal Audit Assistant – Microfinance Jobs Uganda
Organization: Encot Microfinance Ltd
Job location: Masindi
Microfinance Jobs Uganda: The role of this position is to provide assistance to the Internal Auditor in conducting audits and ensure that all company systems, policies and procedures are being observed and applied and make recommendations for improvements. The Internal Audit assistant will assist the Internal Auditor in the effective management and development of the Audit department of Encot Microfinance Ltd.
Serving over 20,000 clients in 5 districts of the Mid-Western region of Uganda, ENCOT Microfinance Ltd is a social impact, fast-growing and innovative MFI operating a network of four branches in Hoima, Masindi, Kigumba and Kagadi, operating as far as Buliisa and Nakasongola. ENCOT’s mission is to provide loans and enterprise development services to low-income smallholder farmer communities, most especially women, to allow them to curve their own paths out of poverty through the creation of own jobs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- To assist the Internal Auditor with establishing the objectives, scope and methodology of audits and developing audit programs.
- To help in the execution of internal audits as per the approved annual audit in a professional manner and in accordance with current professional auditing standards.
- To conduct risk analyses to develop the nature, timing and extent of audit procedures for the audits.
- To assist in reviewing & evaluation of the overall accounting and operational internal controls for both computerized systems and non-computerized processes to their adequacy and effectiveness.
- To help in investigating and reporting on compliance breaches, identifying and documenting agreed upon remedial actions.
- To perform cash counts, physical inventories or other audit procedures as requested by the internal auditor or as needed to meet the audit objectives.
- To create working papers to document the audit work performed, collect, analyze and document information which supports internal audit results.
- To prepare, plan internal audit, maintain audit files and draft audit reports and planning internal audit memorandums.
- To develop audit recommendations to assist in improving operations and internal control systems.
- To perform follow up procedures to assess the adequacy of the implementation of recommended actions.
- To communicate the status of work to the internal auditor on a regular basis.
- Any other duties that can be competently and professionally performed.
- Knowledge of current accounting and auditing standards, procedures and requirements.
- Computer literacy in MS Excel, PowerPoint Outlook and Word.
- Possesses analytical skills.
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to comprehend and interpret policies, procedures, laws, regulations and guidelines applicable to the organization.
- Use professional judgment and scepticism to conduct audit work.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- High level of honesty, integrity and confidentiality.
Qualifications and experience:
- Degree in at least one of the following field is a MUST: Business Administration, Commerce, Finance, Accounting, Audit, and any other related field.
- Pursing a professional course in Auditing, Accounting, such as CIA, ACCA, and CPA is a distinct advantage.
- Exposure to best-practice financial management in a financial institution or an audit firm is an asset.
- Proficiency in MS Office suite, a good understanding of IT and its role in modern management.
- One (1) years’ experience in Finance/Accounting and/or Audit/Risk management experience is an added advantage.
How to apply:
Qualified and interested candidates should submit their applications in PDF format (Cover letter, CV and copies of relevant academic documents) by email to [email protected] or hand deliver to any of the branches by Friday 14th June 2019.
All applications should be addressed as below:
The Head of Human Resources
ENCOT Microfinance Ltd Plot 88 Port Road,
Masindi P.O. BOX 389,
Any documents submitted to ENCOT for application purposes shall not be recalled.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Deadline: Friday 14th June 2019.