UBOS Uganda Jobs 2019 – 107 Alevel Field Staff
Job Title: Field Staff (107) – UBOS Uganda Jobs 2019
Job Ref : UBOS/FTF/FS/ 19
Terms of Employment: Temporary for a period of 3 to 4 months
Reporting: Field Operations Officer /Statistician
About Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS)
The Uganda Bureau of Statistics (UBOS) is a semi-autonomous body established by the Uganda Bureau of Statistics Act, 1998, to promote the production of reliable official statistics and ensure the development and maintenance of the National Statistical System (NSS). The mandate of the Bureau is the production, coordination and dissemination of official statistics.
UBOS Uganda Jobs 2019: The Bureau intends to conduct the Feed the Future Survey 2019/20. It is, therefore, seeking to recruit highly competent, motivated, results-oriented, dynamic, team players of good character and high integrity to carry out the survey.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Locate the structures and households in the sample which are assigned to him/her and complete the Household Questionnaire
- Interview all eligible members in the households assigned using the Questionnaire
- Administer the respective questionnaire to all selected households
- Ensure that all questionnaires are filled accurately
- Responsible for the safety of all survey materials allocated
- Make the necessary preparation for the fieldwork
- Edit, compile data and cross-check errors in the collected data
- Write field reports
- Submit duly completed questionnaires to the relevant authority
- Submit a performance report to the relevant authority.
- Any other duties that may be assigned by the supervisor
- A minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education with credit in Mathematics and English at O’level.
- Must be fluent, both written and oral, in at least one of these local languages Ateso, Luganda, Lugbara, Luo, Ngakarimojong, Runyankole – Rukiga, Runyoro – Rutoro, Lusoga, Lumasaaba, Rukonjo
- Should have participated in Household based survey/ Census data collection exercises for at least one year
- Prior use of computers or other digital devices for data collection is an added
Skills and other attributes
- Computer literacy
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Leadership and team dynamics skills; and
- Presentation skills
- Should be physically fit and able to walk long distances
How to apply:
If you believe you fit the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system using the link below: www.ubos.org
Deadline: 9TH July 2019 at 5 pm.
Hard copies shall not be accepted.
All applicants must attach relevant soft copies of academic transcripts, certificates and relevant appointment letters. (PDF copies maximum 10MB).
Only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. All tendered in documents shall be verified with the relevant authorities. Any falsification of documents will lead to prosecution and any form of lobbying and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
UGANDA BUREAU OF STATISTICS IS AN ALL EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY ORGANISATION.
NB: Please note that staff with ongoing contracts with UBOS up to and including August 2019 are NOT eligible to apply.