Louis Dreyfus Company – Diploma Graduate Trainee
Job Title: Graduate Trainee – Louis Dreyfus Company
Organisation: Louis Dreyfus Company
Duration: 2 Years
About Louis Dreyfus Company
Louis Dreyfus Company is a leading merchant and processor of agricultural goods, leveraging its global reach and extensive asset network to deliver for its customers around the world – safely, responsibly and reliably. Today we help to feed and clothe some 500 million people, originating, processing and transporting approximately 80 million tons of products annually.
About the Graduate Program
As part of the Graduate Program within our Industry function, you will experience during a 2-year developmental rotational program what it is like to work within different processing or logistics plants of the Louis Dreyfus Group.
You will be trained to obtain systematic knowledge of each position, giving you a broad understanding of the business and preparing you for a managerial role within one of our assets after successful completion of the program.
Under the direct supervision of the respective Asset Manager (or equivalent), you will be gaining practical and hands-on experience while at the same time applying your technical knowledge to perform a variety of tasks for ongoing industrial activities.
The nature of the job includes various tasks within the ambit of work of the EMEA Industrial Function and includes but is not limited to surveys, investigations, planning, design, construction and operation of industrial operations/ assets/ projects.
Under the direct supervision of the respective Project/ Asset Manager, the Trainee will perform a variety of entry level activities including preparing, updating and maintaining technical information and developing and maintaining support tools for Ongoing Industrial Activities. Other duties will need to be performed as assigned.
The following are typical illustrations of duties encompassed by the job, but is not an exhaustive list :-
- Assist in conducting preliminary studies of engineering projects and help prepare plans for improvements such as assets optimization or consumption reduction.
- Write technical specification drafts, request proposals and technical information from third party suppliers and vendors and evaluate and compare such proposals
- Assist and supervise the report of the Assets Optimization Program (KPI reporting, Improvement Plans).
- Supervise, coordinate and perform professional engineering work during the construction of industrial projects.
- Review plans, maps, specifications, cost estimates, and other work for accuracy, presentation, and conformance with established engineering practices.
- Perform field inspections of construction projects, survey work and calculations.
- Tabulate field data, design improvement plans, specifications, contracts, and other documents.
- Assist in preparation of long-term capital improvement programs and budgets.
- Work with the Project Manager to prepare written reports for internal use and/or presentation to Region, Boards or Steering committee.
1 to 3 years of increasingly responsible work experience in engineering.
• Read and interpret plans and specifications.
• Make engineering design computations and check engineering plans and studies.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Perform a variety of mathematical/engineering computations.
• Learn and interpret Engineering Standards and Company Policies pertaining to Works.
• Ability to travel for occasional fieldwork within the region.
• Skills in Microsoft Office, in particular Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint required.
– English (Fluent)
– French (Basic)
Degree in Civil / Mechanical / Industrial or a Diploma in Engineering from a recognized University/Institute or equivalent.
• Must have a Valid passport (with no Visa restrictions on travel)
• Knowledge of Principles and practices of engineering field.
How to apply
If you believe you fit the required profile, please submit your application through the online application system using the link below:
Deadline: Sunday 14th July 2019