World Vision Uganda Jobs – No Experience Alevel Helpline Assistant
Position: Helpline Assistant – World Vision Uganda Jobs
Report to: Accountability Database Officer
Organization: World Vision Uganda
Location: Arua District
Project Duration: 6 Months
Purpose of the position:
World Vision Uganda Jobs: The purpose of this position is to support the project in systematic beneficiary complaints data collection and management through the toll free line for timely and evidence reporting, to ensure quality programming and accountability within the framework of World Vision and Donor standards and guidelines.
About World Vision Uganda
World Vision Uganda is a Christian relief, development and advocacy non-government organization dedicated to working with children, families and communities to overcome poverty and injustice. We currently work in over 82 districts in Uganda implementing projects in health & nutrition, water, sanitation & hygiene (WASH), livelihoods & community resilience, education and child protection. World Vision (WV) is committed to the protection of children and adult beneficiaries from exploitation and abuse and will not employ people whose background is not suitable for working with the beneficiaries above. All employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of all applicable background checks, including criminal record checks where possible.
- Take lead in compilation, generation and update of the Complaints database which are received by phone calls
- Perform Routine data processing and entry and assist in data analysis & preparation of monthly complaint reports.
- Take lead in the generation of a complaint log indicating their resolution and status per complaint registered.
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and other associated guidelines.
- Ensure that a functional helpline is set up at all distribution points to record and register complaints.
- Take lead in the resolution process and ensure that all complaints are resolved in a timely manner with a maximum of 30 days before the next distribution.
- Set up a system that should gather complaints not only limited to distribution day but comprehensively covers any food-related issues.
- Sensitizing the community on the availability of the helpline
- Coordinate with the relevant stakeholders in problem-solving to bring solutions for the complainers.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Minimum of Uganda Advanced Certificate of Education (UACE), Sudanese Senior Three Leaver or it’s equivalent
- Fluency in Arabic and English Languages is a must
- Computer literate
- This position requires a person who is self-starter, who can accomplish the task with minimal or no supervision.
- He/she should be able to cooperate with other units.
- He/she must be keen on details and well-organized individual.
- Experience in database management is an added advantage.
- Strong interpersonal and intra personnel skills.
- Multi diversity and ability to easily establish rapport
- Knowledge of other DR Congo and S.Sudan languages is an added advantage (Kiswahili, French, Kinyabwisha, kigegere, Kinyarwanda, Lingala)
- Knowledge of the local South Western languages including (Rutooro, Runyankole etc)
- Effective in written and verbal communication in English, Arabic, Kakwa, Kuku among others
- The position requires the ability and willingness to spend 75% of the time in the field and 25% in the office.
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified candidates are encouraged to apply online by visiting World Vision International’s e-recruitment jobs portal at the web link below.
Please follow instructions on How to Create Account and Profile at World Vision’s e-recruitment portal. Qualified female candidates are particularly encouraged to apply.
Deadline: 26th July 2019