Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs – Accounts & Administration Clerk
Job Title: Accounts & Administration Clerk – Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs
Reports to: Finance Officer
Duty Station: Headquarters
Duration: Six (6) months – Renewable
About Uganda Red Cross Society
Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading National Humanitarian Organization in Uganda and a member of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. The Uganda Red Cross Society (URCS) is the leading humanitarian organization in Uganda. Since its inception in 1939 as a small women’s emergency organization, URCS has developed over the years into a formidable well-respected humanitarian agency.
Uganda Red Cross Society Jobs: The Accounts & Administration Clerk will be responsible for the provision of accounting and administrative services to the project at Branch level. The position holder will also be responsible for maintaining appropriate accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate financial report are delivered to tight deadlines.
- Follows up, receives and reviews accountability from the field before submission to URCS HQ, shares feedback with field officers immediately;
- Generates the monthly closures of the accounts under his/her care by the 10th of each month;
- Prepares and liquidates staff working advances on time
- Ensures projects assigned receive clean audit reports
- Ensures core recharge costs are paid on time for all projects assigned to him/her
- Ensures the proper filing and safe custody of financial and administrative documents at branch level;
- Ensures a regular update of the inventories relating to the project at field level;
- Proactively follows up on incomplete financial documentation and pending settlement of advances with the respective officers to avoid delays in bookkeeping;
- Organizes photocopying, sorting and dispatching the financial documents to donor HQ;
- Manages the project field petty cash and monitors the office cash flow;
- Assists in procurements and independently processes comparative bid analysis for approval by the supervisor;
- Organizes stationery and other office supplies;
- Carries out other duties as assigned by your immediate supervisor.
Minimum Qualifications and Skills
- A Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or a finance-related field from a recognized institution.
- Minimum (1) years’ experience in a similar position;
- Work experience with a donor-funded institution will be an added advantage;
- Experience and/or working knowledge of accounting software.
- Full computer literacy with proficiency in the application of all MS Office functions, especially Excel ;
- Excellent English communication skills including proven proficiency in drafting official letters and other documents;
- A proactive approach to work, the ability to handle multiple tasks and to maintain a high-quality standard when working under time pressure;
- A mature personality of high integrity with great team working skills, a courteous attitude and a clear sense of confidentiality;
How To Apply:
Applications from suitable persons to be considered for appointment in the outlined positions are hereby invited. All applicants should adhere to the Red Cross Principles. URCS is an equal opportunities employer mindful of gender balance in its establishment.
Please send your filled application form and attach your academic transcripts and certificates. The filled application forms and academic transcripts and certificates can be e-mailed to; [email protected] or hand-delivered, and or by post to:
Uganda Red Cross Society,
Plot 551/555 Rubaga Road,
P.O. Box 494, Kampala, Uganda.
Download the application template from here
Closing date for receipt of the applications Monday 12th August 2019 at 5:00 p.m.
Due to large volumes of applications; only shortlisted candidates shall be contacted. Canvassing shall lead to automatic disqualification.