KCCA Jobs 2019 – Graduate Programme Assistant
Job Title: Programme Assistant – Finance & Accounting – KCCA Jobs 2019
Job Reference: Ref: DPHE/08/2019
Organization: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA)
Reports To: CWIS Programme Coordinator – Finance & Accounting
Salary scale: KCCA 7
Duration: One Year (Subject to Renewal once based on bi-annual work appraisal)
Duty Station: KCCA, City Hall (with frequent field visits)
About the Project:
KCCA Jobs 2019: Kampala Capital City Authority (KCCA) has secured funding from the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation (BMGF) through the City Wide Inclusive Sanitation (CWIS) grant for the Sanitation Inclusive Program (Phase 3). The funding is intended to upscale faecal sludge management services in Kampala through catalytic investments. In this phase, there will need to scale up the demand and supply for improved sanitation services. This is to be achieved through a number of interventions including the construction of model public toilets and the implementation of the sanitation Marketing Strategies.
Key Result Areas:
- Assist in providing daily grants, financial and administrative support, and logistics management to the established Programme teams in achieving the overall strategic vision and the overarching development objective of the Programme.
- Support the Programme Coordinator in managing the approved Programme work plan and budget through initiating procurement requisitions and any other clerical work as and when required.
- Support the daily coordination, mobilization, organization and management of Programme resources for efficient and effective delivery of Programme outputs and outcomes.
- Provide assistance in ensuring timely processing of payments of Programme claims, supplier invoices and so on in line with the KCCA financial regulations.
- Certify payments in line with the approved Programme budget and chart of accounts.
- Verify the accuracy and authenticity of expenditure and payment transactions.
- Ensure proper documentation of all Programme activities and accountability on a daily basis.
Minimum Qualification and Working Experience required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in either Commerce or Finance or Accounting or any other business course from a recognized University or Institution of higher learning.
- A minimum of one (1) year’s working experience in accounting in Government or from a reputable organization.
- Planning and Budgeting
- Financial Record Keeping
- Financial Reporting
- Concern for Quality and Standards
- Demonstrated ability to pay attention to details
- Demonstrated analytical skills
How to apply:
Directorate of Administration and Human Resources Management
Plot 1-3 Apollo Kaggwa Road P.O Box 7010 Kampala – Uganda. City Hall building
- Indicate the Reference Number on your APPLICATION FORM
- DO NOT SUBMIT YOUR CURRICULUM VITAE AND ACADEMIC DOCUMENTS.
- Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Deadline: not later than 16th August 2019 at 5.00 p.m.