Oxfam Uganda Jobs – Graduate Administration Assistant
Job Title: Administration Assistant – Oxfam Uganda Jobs
Organization: Oxfam Uganda
Duty Station: Kampala, Uganda
About Oxfam Uganda:
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 affiliates networked together in more than 90 countries committed to ridding the world of poverty and injustice. To achieve this, we support local projects in developing countries, we lobby governments and companies to take into account the interests of the poorest people and we campaign to involve citizens in our work. We implement our programs by working with local NGO partners and civil society organizations and engaging with private sector and governments. Oxfam employs over 6,000 people worldwide in more than 90 countries. In Uganda, our program is anchored on three broad themes deliberately focused on Women’s Rights: Resilient Livelihoods, Governance and Accountability and Humanitarian Preparedness and Response.
Oxfam Uganda Jobs: The Administration Assistant is the face of Oxfam in Uganda Office, promotes Oxfam’s image as a welcoming and professional organisation. The incumbent provides efficient administrative support to the country programme and management of the Kampala office.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintains an attractive, pleasant and neat front desk area.
- Receive, monitor and attend to visitors whilst they await appointments.
- Receives and assists visitors to the office courteously, answering queries and providing information while being as prudent as possible.
- Receive documents and messages, which may be delivered to the office and ensuring that these are registered and dispatched / distributed to the respective addressee/staff members.
- Organises the office notice board regularly displaying important and useful information for the attention of members of staff and visitors.
- Bookings of the boardrooms for daily meetings.
- Maintain and update all staff contact lists.
- Receive all incoming calls; direct them to the relevant offices, make outgoing calls as and when required. Screening telephone calls, enquiries, and requests and handling them as appropriate.
- Daily opening of official email, responding to and forwarding emails accordingly for timely service delivery.
- Maintains a directory of useful telephone numbers.
Manage Flight, Travels and Accommodation Bookings
- Arranges timely flight and Liaise with the hotels for staff accommodation bookings.
- Arrange for airport pickups for staff and guests.
- Coordinates all visitor schedules within Kampala.
- Communicates weekly updates for staff/guests on international travels.
General Office Support
- Coordinates the movement of parcels with courier agents.
- Manages the office supplies store; ensuring that there are adequate stocks, arrange replenishment on a timely manner and produce a monthly stock report for review by the Administration Officer.
Qualifications, Skills and Experience:
- The applicant for the Oxfam Administration Assistant must hold a Degree in Office and Information Management/Science and another relevant educational background.
- Must be proficient in the English Language, both spoken and written.
- Good communication and interpersonal skills essential.
- Customer and results orientation
- Planning and organization skills
- Computer literacy, conversant with Ms Word and Ms Excel packages.
- Numeracy skills
- Pleasant and courteous personality
- Efficient and cooperative
- Possesses initiative and able to work with minimum supervision
- Ability to work under pressure
- Experience in a similar position in a busy office
How to Apply:
All suitably qualified and interested candidates should send their applications online at the link below.