IOM Uganda Jobs – No Experience Paid Finance & Admin Intern
Job Title: Intern (Finance and Administration Support) – IOM Uganda Jobs
Organization: IOM Uganda
Duration: 6 Months
CFA No. #: CFA/UG/019/2019
Organizational Unit: Migration Management Unit
About IOM Uganda
Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
Context and Scope
Under the overall supervision of the Programme Coordinator, and direct supervision of the Project Assistant-IBM, the intern will assist the Migration Management Unit with the day-to-day administrative, finance and clerical activities in connection with IOM activities. Tasks will include but not limited to;
- Assist with preparing financial and administrative documents as may be assigned.
- Assist in compiling documents required for the Procurement process and support the accountability for supplies provided to the unit.
- Maintain the filing system for unit documents, make copies and carry out other clerical work as may be assigned.
- Draft meeting minutes as it may be required.
- Provide logistical assistance before and during training and workshops;
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience
- Degree or a diploma.
- Must have completed a programme in Finance, Business Administration, Human Resources (or any other related) within the last three calendar years; or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship within one year of graduation; or
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher).
- Fluency in English is required and working knowledge of local languages.
Experience and/or skills required
- No specific experience is required but the successful applicant should;
- Have a clear understanding of basic administrative, finance and procurement principles and practices;
- Be a highly motivated, self-driven individual who is eager to learn new things;
- Demonstrable ability to take initiative, work in a team and work with minimal supervision;
- Have a strong interest in migration issues in Uganda and worldwide.
The successful applicant is expected to demonstrate the following competencies:
- Follows all relevant procedures, processes, and policies; monitors own work.
- Displays deep commitment to producing the best possible reports and stories in the shortest possible time, whatever the challenges;
- Works effectively with the team, and promptly and courteously responds to communication;
- Promotes continuous learning for self and others; Demonstrates interest in improving relevant skills; Demonstrates interest in acquiring skills relevant to other functional areas;
- Listens and communicates clearly, adapting delivery to the audience;
- Proactively develops new ways to resolve problems;
- Plans work, anticipates risks, and sets goals within area of responsibility; Adjusts priorities and plans to achieve goals; Allocates appropriate times and resources for own work and that of team members;
- Displays mastery of subject matter; effectively applies knowledge of administration and Finance within organizational context; Persistent, calm, and polite in the face of challenges and stress;
- Contributes to a collegial team environment; Contributes to, and follows team objectives; Seeks input and feedback from others;
- Displays awareness of relevant technological solutions.
- Effectively applies knowledge of organizational management, finance, procurement and project management;
- Excellent command of Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel;
- Effectively applies knowledge of documentation, research and assessments to support Project management;
Able to read/watch/listen, understand, analyze and summarize information in clear, concise writing.
Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this Call for Application notice is subject to funding confirmation.
The appointment is a 6-months internship on a volunteer basis however, Interns are granted a stipend referred to as a Monthly Subsistence Allowance (MSA) as a partial contribution towards living expenses.
The appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment and verification of residency, visa and authorizations by the concerned Government, where applicable.
Only candidates residing in either the country of the duty station or from a location in a neighbouring country that is within commuting distance of the duty station will be considered. In all cases, a prerequisite for taking up the position is a legal residency in the country of the duty station, or in the neighbouring country located within commuting distance, and work permit, as applicable.
How to apply:
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications to [email protected] , referring to this advertisement by mention the CFA # CFA/UG/019/2019 in the email subject, subject with no CFA # will not be considered
Deadline: 09 September 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.