IRC Uganda Jobs – Diploma Finance Assistant
Job Title: Finance Assistant – IRC Uganda Jobs
Organization: International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda
Duty Station: Kitgum
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Uganda Profile:
The International Rescue Committee responds to the world’s worst humanitarian crises and help people to survive, recover, and gain control of their future. Founded in 1933 at the request of Albert Einstein, the IRC offers lifesaving care and life-changing assistance to refugees and displaced people forced to flee from war or disaster. At work today in over 40+ countries and in 29 U.S. cities, the IRC restores safety, dignity and hope to millions who are uprooted and struggling to endure.
The Finance Assistant will be a key member of the Kitgum/Lamwo team and will contribute towards the achievement of the field’s finance objectives. Under the direction of the Snr Finance Officer, the Finance Assistant maintains the cash books and is responsible for the accounts payable functions of the department.
Duties And Responsibilities
- Prepare cash transaction vouchers.
- Review transaction voucher forms for approval.
- Preparation of the prepaid monthly JVs for posting.
- Maintain petty cash account register and ensure petty cash reconciliation and replenish the petty cash when it reaches the minimum limit
- Submit weekly and monthly petty cash summaries to the Snr Finance Officer.
- Monitor invoices and cash payment request vouchers
- Process all cash and bank payment as per the approval received
- Pay cash to the payee in the Kitgum/Lamwo Office
- Develop and maintain efficient filling system for the field office.
- Prepare cheques for approval and payment to the payee
- Follow up cash in transit and transfers
- Ensure IRC policies and procedures are respected in all the cash transactions
- Liaise with the field finance Officer and Finance Officer in Kampala on cash transfers and obtain monthly cash projections.
- Ensure all paid vouchers are stamped
- Reporting: Prepare a monthly Finance report and submit to Sen. Finance Officer.
Systems Compliance and Improvement
- IRC-Uganda specific finance, logistics, IT, security, communications and human resource/administration policies and procedures.
- Any new procedures and guidelines designated in circulars from Country Director and OC
Policy compliance – IRC way policies
- Ensure any violations of the IRC Sexual Abuse and Exploitation Code of Conduct are reported to the CD. The reporting of violations is an obligation on the part of all staff members.
- Assist where necessary in undertaking activities that aim to prevent the occurrence of sexual abuse and exploitation of beneficiaries by IRC and other humanitarian workers.
- Ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of IRC acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organization without authority, except in the normal execution of duty.
- A Diploma or equivalent experience in Accounting, Business Administration, Commerce or Finance.
- Minimum of 1 year working in the finance function. Experience working with NGOs (preferred but not a prerequisite).
- Ability to work under pressure and manage multiple priorities.
- A knack for detail.
- Able to communicate effectively.
- Exhibit a high level of integrity
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail;
- Strong Computer skills (MS Word, Excel)
- Must be able to function comfortably in a loosely structured but complex work environment, working and prioritizing multiple tasks.
- Able to communicate effectively (written and verbal) in English with programme staff.
- Good supervisory skills, time management and interpersonal skills.
How To Apply:
All interested candidates who wish to join our organization should apply online at the link below.
This position is open only to Ugandan nationals.
Deadline for receiving applications is 30th September 2019.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.