John Snow Inc Jobs – 60 Diploma Data Clerks
Job Title: 60 Data Clerks – John Snow Inc Jobs
Organization: John Snow Inc. (JSI)
Duty Station: Lira
John Snow, Inc. (JSI) Profile:
John Snow, Inc. (JSI), a leader in the field of international public health, is currently recruiting for a Various Positions for the Regional Health Integration to Enhance Services-North, Lango (RHITES-N, Lango) Project, funded by the USAID. RHITES-N, Lango will improve the use of integrated health services in Northern Uganda’s Lango region and strengthen the health system to sustain gains made by earlier projects. RRITES-N. Lango will contribute to improving key population-based national health indicators; build the capacity of the Ugandan Government to carry-out a sustainable and locally-driven response to the HIV: epidemic, while also improving TB, malaria, nutrition, MNCH+A, and WASH outcomes. JSI will work with Ugandan stakeholders to design and implement health system strengthening strategies to scale up high impact, evidence-based interventions at the national, sub-regional, district, and community levels. Interventions will include VMMC, virtual elimination of mother-to-child transmission of HIV, antiretroviral therapy, and condom education and distribution. JSI will focus where the greatest impact can be realized, with a priority on hard-to-reach and high-HIV prevalence locations.
RHITES-N, Lango is a five-year contract. The JSI team includes Amref Health Africa, Africa CUAMM, Another Option, and Medical Concierge Group.
John Snow Inc Jobs: The Data Clerk will mainly be responsible for the definitudes toleration, storage retrieval of all the medical records.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• Engage with the HIA to ensure that best practices of medical records storage and management are implemented.
• Work closely with the HIA and the M&E Officer to quantify the tools needed to ensure sustained data collection at the health facility.
• Work with the HIA to prepare HMIS reports and submit them on time (by 5th of the month).
• Ensure that data on additional indicators outside of DHIS2 reporting system are collected and reported on time.
• Manage the HIV care data captured on patient forms during patient visits, ensuring it is transcribed to pre-ART and ART registers and updated in the Uganda EMR on the same day the patients visit the facility
• Ensure that data in the client cards, register, EMR and dispensing logs are in harmony at all times Compile and submit to the M&E Officer all weekly, monthly and quarterly supplementary data not reported in DHIS2.
• Support family health data capture, storage, retrieval and timely reporting Ensure paperwork is properly filled out. Verify accuracy of data and track movement of files.
• Ensure all files are secure.
• Ensure that confidentiality of data collected and stored is maintained at all times.
• Ensure the safety of all equipment in the data room.
• Routinely perform basic data analysis to encourage data use at the facility.
• Performs any other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
• Participate in collaborative learning and adapting activities designed from time to time
• Support data collection and submission for Adhoc and other special studies commissioned by USAID RHITES-N, Lango.
• Proficient in information management programs and MS Office.
• Outstanding communication and interpersonal abilities.
• Strong attention to detail with excellent organizational skills.
• At least a diploma in Statistics, Medical Records, Computer Science or related field or qualification.
• MUST BE Computer Literate and with acceptable minimum speed for data entry.
• Minimum of 2 years’ experience in handling medical records, Previous experience of working with international NGOs, MOH, and public health facilities will be an advantage.
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Practical experience in working with routine health information systems at the facility, district or national level.
• Practical knowledge in the Uganda Electronic Medical Records (Uganda EMR), and DHIS2 data entry will be an added advantage.
How to apply:
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements, should send their applications by email to [email protected] addressed to the Human Resource Manager attaching their application letters and CV.
Deadline: Not later than October 18, 2019.
JSI is an equal opportunity employer so women are encouraged to apply